Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™
    Cut the philosophical bullshit.

HBO has done a lot for boxing as well.

They aren't going to lose money for the sake of being friends, and they've never given the indication that they would.

Boxing is entertainment, and that's what the majority of people want to see. If a boxer isn't entertaining to majority of the audience then it's on to the guy who can be.

HBO or any other channel on TV has never shown anything else. It's always been clear what networks are after.

Because if they weren't, the network wouldn't be there very long.

I don't even know why I had to type this common sense BS.
    Whatever man. I can only speak for myself, and HBO has lost a fan today.

If I find a company that's loyal to boxing, then I will be loyal to them.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      Whatever man. i can only understand things from my own, selfish point of view, and HBO has lost a fan today.

fixed it..

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        fixed it..

I'm not allowed to display Approval or disapproval where I choose?

What the ****?

I'm just voicing my opinion, I don't see where I was forcing anyone to agree with me.

Comment

I'm not allowed to display Approval or disapproval where I choose?

What the ****?

I'm just voicing my opinion, I don't see where I was forcing anyone to agree with me.

i want to fly.

there's very little i'd appreciate more than being able to jump out of my window and take off.

it will never happen, and it's a waste of time to complain about the fact that i cannot fly.

Comment

It is what it is. Best they can do is put some better Rigo fights on some undercards and see if things change. Maybe Lomachenko ends up being a big fight. Rigondeaux is never going to be a star though. Not going to happen.

Comment

Hard to argue with the television figures...

I doubt Golden Boy would sign him at this stage. It is a pity, if he was at 140-147lbs he'd have the world of fights and would be doing massive numbers. You could put him in there with Matthyse or Maidana, they'd make the fight exciting, and Rigo would be exciting too due to the volume of punches coming his way. Plus imagine Mayweather against a 2 time Olympic gold medallist with over 400 amateur wins, only 10-12 defeats.

In Rigo's last fight Agbeko only landed 2 punches in a round, he wasn't throwing anything. Rigo needs an aggressive opponent who throws a high volume of punches to look good. He would have had many chances at 140-147 to look good and get higher viewing numbers.

Comment

While "El Chacal" has a pretty cool personality (if you speak Spanish), he hasn't demonstrated any interest in learning English. Even worse, he hasn't demonstrated much interest in adjusting his style to appease the majority of fans. It seems to me that Rigo's only hope is to continue to win. He must create interest based on people wanting to see him lose. I hate that kind of negative approach...but, hey, whatever gets the job done.

Comment

I kind of understand. But I don't think this is solely about Rigo. It's about a moment and who he defeated.

There were rumors and complaints that Rigo wasn't very "entertaining" for the casual fan. But usually boxers are given time. Paulie is not a very entertaining either, or Ward. Yet they are given chances.

But for Rigo everything changed after the Donaire fight. The whole internet and ESPN began campaign to label Rigo as boring and unwanted. Donaire was the cash cow--nobody focused on the fact that Donaire had been previously booed for his inability to bring the fight to a non-brawler--. He was supposed to be Pac. For exposing him, he'll never be forgiven.

Just check out Dan Rafael, who, though profoundly ignorant of boxing, has a mass following. His tweets, no matter how stupid, make an impact. He has built a consistent anti-Rigo campaign.

Rigo needs to be given a chance to come out of this mob. Remember, after the Pac fight, Bradley was banished due to the combined pressure from pac fans.

I'm not denying the fact that HBO has the right to judge based on ratings. They are a business after all. But to dismiss Rigo after 2 fights is harsh. Ward has been given chance after chance. Arum, though he joined on the anti Bradley mob, eventually gave him his chance to shine with a brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i want to fly.

there's very little i'd appreciate more than being able to jump out of my window and take off.

it will never happen, and it's a waste of time to complain about the fact that i cannot fly.
                    A hundred years from now, Jetpacks will have been invented.

Unless the people that designed them accepted that they will never be able to fly.

Edit: There are people who love nothing more than doing what someone says can't be done. I know because I'm one of them.

And one thing I've learned by being who I am, is that if you dedicate yourself to something long enough and hard enough, then anything is possible. I know that's some cheesy ****, but i'll stop saying it when it stops being true.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-20-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Whatever man. I can only speak for myself, and HBO has lost a fan today.

but sadly, that company will not stay longer... HBO is a business, business that need to earn money that have employees that are waiting for paychecks. If HBO dont think business, there will be no paychecks for employees, and HBO will not be here.

This is sad, I love to watch Rigo but we cant blame HBO for this.

Comment

Working...
                      X