Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd on Opponent Selection "Boxing is a Business. Its Not About Working Harder..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
    He deserves all the criticism in the world if he's fighting Khan. It's not like anybody can beat him, but at least fight some credible opponents to close out your career. Sergio at 160, Lara at 154, Bradley if he leaves Top Rank and Manny if he ever becomes an actual Champion again. Or he can take out Danny G (even though he doesn't want the fight). Unify with Porter (even though it'll sell 7 PPV's), Unify with Maidana, makes perfect sense and the 2nd easiest win outside of a Manny. Just please, no Khan lol.
    Finally something that lives up to your name (The Unbiased) for once.

Comment

Originally posted by Wokingman View Post
      Like I said this Troll is much more worse than Thuggery.

Thuggery is an ATG poster and should not be lumped in with a gimmick/parody alt.

Lets keep it fair and balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        There is no incentive for Floyd to seek out challenges at this point. Showtime has guaranteed that he will get paid no matter who he fights. If he fights Khan and it does 600k PPV numbers he still has his guarantee.
        If the fans want Floyd vs Manny, Floyd will have to have his comeuppance with a JMM-esque opponent upsetting him and giving him a good loss. Then watch the courage come back to make up for that loss with actual hunger for victories.

At this point he only fights NOT to lose, instead of fighting to WIN. And there is a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          Corrales undefeated, Hatton undefeated, Canelo undefeated. Khan.....defuckingfeated.

The most interesting part of a Mayweather/Khan fight, is going to be seeing how they build Khan up as a credible opponent. I mean, the "I think he's actually undefeated" routine won't work, because he's been knocked out. I just....I don't know, lol.
          The only thing they can say is that he is young, fast, hard puncher and great chin...grrrr scratch that last one.

Perhaps show lots of footage of him looking all fast and how his speed might be better than Floyd's. If Khan keeps quiet, Floyd will just praise him during interviews instead of telling us what we already know, that he lost all of his big fights and almost lost some smaller ones too.

Comment

from "Hard Work, Dedication"

to "Work Smarter, not Harder"

... Pac raped him mentally. LOL at giving up the belt coz Pac is his mandatory fight. Floyd basically got KTFO before the opening bell.

A warrior and a true champion... floyd is none of that.

Floboners in 3...2...1......

Comment

Floyd: "If my team cherry picks ehm.."

Says it all right there. This video is golden lol

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                Is there a bigger money fight on the Golden Boy roster at 147 than Khan at this moment?
                The #1 PPV guy combined with being the P4P #1 guy can pretty much get any fight he wants if he truly wanted it. For example if Floyd personally wanted to fight Bradley, he could make the fight happen due to the power he holds. But whatever he would have to concede in terms of possibly a slightly lesser cut or working with people he doesn't want to is more important to him, so the fights dont happen.

I personally feel he should have fought Martínez, winnable fight at the current form Martínez is at (Have no doubt Floyd would win), and would get huge praise for it.

But hey he rather bullshit people, with a Khan fight.
                Last edited by CLUE; 12-18-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Mayweather would fight Larry Merchant before fighting Pacquiao.
                  Last edited by Jewel; 12-18-2013, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I told everyone he was a coward!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      Actually, everyone on this site was criticizing Berto's weak resume.
                      Actually, every one on this site was criticizing Pacquao for picking Mosley instead of Berto when Arum gave him the options.

Of course, "boxing is a business" like Floyd says and your kind follows it up by criticizing hm for it. Pacquiao picked Mosley because he brought the most money, but was also the weakest pick of all three options(Marquez, Berto, Mosley). Although you criticize Floyd for saying Boxing is a business, guess what, your favorite fighter does the same thing, but doesn't say it. They say "I'm here to fight the best", but Mosley and Margarito were no where near the best, they were just the best money fights for Pacquiao.

Mayweather fights for money and admits he does. Pacquiao fights for money and tells you guys what you want to hear, that he's "fighting the best". And you fall for it and bash Fighter A (Mayweather) and praise Fighter B who does the same thing but does not talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X