Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd on Opponent Selection "Boxing is a Business. Its Not About Working Harder..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd on Opponent Selection "Boxing is a Business. Its Not About Working Harder..."

Just watched this FightHype Interview:

Here are some highlights:

See, people fail to realize, this is a business. It's not about working harder. You know, my next fight, I'll be 37 years old. It's not about working harder; it's about working smarter...I'm not scared of nobody. I'm not scared of no opponent at all...when I faced Diego Corrales, he was undefeated. When I faced Ricky Hatton, he was undefeated. When I faced Canelo Alvarez, he was undefeated...there's certain opponents that I'm looking for
    Its getting tougher and tougher to defend this guy. lol

he doesnt care about belts anymore but then keeps repeating that one day he'll like his face to be on one of the belts lol

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Just watched this FightHype Interview:

Here are some highlights:

Its getting tougher and tougher to defend this guy. lol
      bro i wouldnt even waste my time defending him...brilliant boxer, but he sounds like a idiot. i lvoe what he does in the ring, theres no question hes the best i ever saw. but as far as what hes doing rite now, pure ***** ****. no problem with saying it. if he fights amir khan, good for him. ill watch but if those are the types of fights that he closes out his career with, it'll be quite pathetic.

Comment

Same s**t different day. As long as he picks someone legit to fight, not Aimr Khan, I'm fine with him making himself look like an idiot in interviews.

But if he picks Khan, you'll see me complain about a Mayweather fight for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Nothing that controversial about what he's saying. Most if not every fighter will take the most lucrative fight.

The stuff about "taking the least punishment" and "not working hard" is suspect though, makes it seem like he's afraid of taking punishment against certain fighters.

Comment

Excellent example for today's youth

Comment

theres a sign in his gym with that slogan

'work SMARTER, not HARDER'

and although you gotta work hard, i know from first hand in construction work, that alot of times, its much much better to work smarter with using your mind and achieve perfect results than to kill yourself working harder and longer using brute strength, only to complete the exact same task and NOT achieve perfect results

you new jacks can take it how you want

Comment

Floyd/Khan it is. The the Floyd fans should be ecstatic. They get to see Floyd ko someone again. The rest of us laugh and criticize, then his fans have months between now and then to gear up with awesome business knowledge to tell us why the supposed pfp king should get a pass for fighting khan.

Comment

He deserves all the criticism in the world if he's fighting Khan. It's not like anybody can beat him, but at least fight some credible opponents to close out your career. Sergio at 160, Lara at 154, Bradley if he leaves Top Rank and Manny if he ever becomes an actual Champion again. Or he can take out Danny G (even though he doesn't want the fight). Unify with Porter (even though it'll sell 7 PPV's), Unify with Maidana, makes perfect sense and the 2nd easiest win outside of a Manny. Just please, no Khan lol.

Comment

Brotha Floyd is gon beat anyone they put in front of him! Stop bringing Pac up he gon' lose!

Comment

Working...
                    X