Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's Floyd supposed to fight in May???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    ^^^^This.

When it comes down to it, Khan is a much better opponent than Maidana. Belts are meaningless in this case. Everybody recognizes Floyd as the 147 champ right now.
    But recent fights certainly go into it....recently Maidna has stopped Karass, who went on to beat Aydin and Berto, and could be the comeback fighter of the year. And he stopped Lopez, who the last time he was at 147 stopped Ortiz, and he just beat Broner. Now everyone wants to say Broner sucks now, he doesn't suck, he was supposed to beat down Maidana and be one of the best young fighters, and Maidana brutalized him, and won a title in the process.

Khan recently has been KO'd by Danny, beat an irrelevant 135 fighter in Molina, and struggled to beat an irrelevant way past his best and way beyond his best weight Julio Diaz.

Now tell me who should get the fight out of those two. I'd want Danny, but he again seems uninterested in fighting Floyd in May.

Comment

They already started promoting Khan. He's all over the place. So it will be Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        But recent fights certainly go into it....recently Maidna has stopped Karass, who went on to beat Aydin and Berto, and could be the comeback fighter of the year. And he stopped Lopez, who the last time he was at 147 stopped Ortiz, and he just beat Broner. Now everyone wants to say Broner sucks now, he doesn't suck, he was supposed to beat down Maidana and be one of the best young fighters, and Maidana brutalized him, and won a title in the process.

Khan recently has been KO'd by Danny, beat an irrelevant 135 fighter in Molina, and struggled to beat an irrelevant way past his best and way beyond his best weight Julio Diaz.

Now tell me who should get the fight out of those two. I'd want Danny, but he again seems uninterested in fighting Floyd in May.
        Maidana definitely riding the wave and casuals will think after beating baby bro, Maidana has a decent chance.... but I don't think Maidana will be able to do much to Floyd.
        Maidana riding the wave right now, higher than Khan. Only reason they'd pick Khan now is because they feel his name recognition is better.

Comment

Mayweather/Khan with Maidana/Thurman or Brook/Porter as the co-main. The loser of Chino/One Time could fight the winner of Ortiz/Collazo. How the hell does Ghost fit in all of this?

Comment

And Khan beat Maidana.

I mean seriously when are people going to get bored of Mayweather easily UD'ing these slow, flatfooted brawlers?

Do you actually think Maidana is a more interesting fight?

Comment

Maidana was shut out by Alexander, Soto Karrass was unranked, Josesito was unranked and Broner was ranked between 8-10. So his best win at WW is a W over an 8-10 ranked contender.

Meanwhile Shawn Porter just beat a top 6 contender and a guy that shut out Maidana. How can you rank Maidana over him right now?

Maidana beat a more popular fighter but lets not make this win out to be more than it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Maidana definitely riding the wave and casuals will think after beating baby bro, Maidana has a decent chance.... but I don't think Maidana will be able to do much to Floyd.
                Maidana riding the wave right now, higher than Khan. Only reason they'd pick Khan now is because they feel his name recognition is better.
                I still refuse to believe until it's announced that Mayweather is fighting Khan, but it seems imminent. Floyd can't change who wins the big fights, it's not his fault Maidana is on a pretty good roll in his weight class. I don't think Maidana will beat Floyd, but I know he won't pull a Victor Ortiz in there, he'll keep coming and force Floyd to be on his toes the entire fight. It's a better fight then Ortiz and Guerrero were, and those were legit fights. Plus it's a unification, I can't remember someone hating on a unification so much.

And remember all the people who complained and said they b*tch about Floyd's opposition because they only get to see him fight once a year, that if he fought more often, he could do more "just solid" fights and not have people b*tch. Yeahhhh that's clearly not the case. People will b*tch no matter who he fights.

I'd like Floyd vs Thurman, when Thurman gets a few more solid or good wins. Karass is really his first solid win so far. But Thurman will definitely be in the Mayweather mix for 2015 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  And Khan beat Maidana.

I mean seriously when are people going to get bored of Mayweather easily UD'ing these slow, flatfooted brawlers?

Do you actually think Maidana is a more interesting fight?
                  At 140 3 years ago. I just don't want to see a guy who hasn't done anything legit since 2011 get a Mayweather fight in May. Khan hasn't done jack since Peterson, a fight he struggle in, and he hasn't actually looked good since Judah, which would be nearly 4 years by the time May 2014 comes around. Hey had Khan fought Devon and won, I'd have no problem with Floyd vs Khan. But he didn't, Shawn Porter did.

Comment

Maidana, Porter, Thurman, Lara, GGG, Khan and Pacquiao have zero shot at even troubling Floyd let alone actually beating him.

At this stage of his career people need to come to grips with that cold reality. Doesnt matter who it is Floyd will beat them while making it look easy. Deal with it and just accept whoever he fights. Whats the difference between him fighting Maidana or Khan. I mean seriously.

Comment

Floyd should fight Maidana...they can work the revenge angle like they tried to do with Nelo and Trout....put Swift vs AK II on the undercard or let Porter fight AK on the undercard with the winner getting that September date with Floyd...I heard Swift saying he's still gonna beat up 140 pounders for a minute....Maidana got a buzz right now....pay that man!!

Comment

Working...
                      X