Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's Floyd supposed to fight in May???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Maidana was shut out by Alexander, Soto Karrass was unranked, Josesito was unranked and Broner was ranked between 8-10. So his best win at WW is a W over an 8-10 ranked contender.

Meanwhile Shawn Porter just beat a top 6 contender and a guy that shut out Maidana. How can you rank Maidana over him right now?

Maidana beat a more popular fighter but lets not make this win out to be more than it really is.
    Throw rankings at me all you want, when's the last time KHan beat a ranked fighter.....yeah 2011 against Judah.

Karass was unranked at the time, but he did go on to get two decent wins at the weight. That's gotta count for something. People are on Thurman's jock after he stopped Karass, calling it a decent win, well Maidana stopped him too, it was a decent win. Lopez had just stopped Ortiz, who was 1 fight removed from fighting Mayweather. Maidana stopped him. Yeah Broner was severely overrated, but many many many picked him to beat Maidana's ass and/or out class him.

Point is, right now, the two possible fights at 147 that deserve it are Danny Garcia, who doesn't seem to want it next, and Marcos Maidana.

Maidana is what he is, they should strike when the iron is hot. Porter could eventually throw himself into the mix and grow into a bigger fight. Besides, Porter has a mandatory with Brook, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
      Maidana, Porter, Thurman, Lara, GGG, Khan and Pacquiao have zero shot at even troubling Floyd let alone actually beating him.

At this stage of his career people need to come to grips with that cold reality. Doesnt matter who it is Floyd will beat them while making it look easy. Deal with it and just accept whoever he fights. Whats the difference between him fighting Maidana or Khan. I mean seriously.
      Real Talk....they don't get it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Throw rankings at me all you want, when's the last time KHan beat a ranked fighter.....yeah 2011 against Judah.

Karass was unranked at the time, but he did go on to get two decent wins at the weight. That's gotta count for something. People are on Thurman's jock after he stopped Karass, calling it a decent win, well Maidana stopped him too, it was a decent win. Lopez had just stopped Ortiz, who was 1 fight removed from fighting Mayweather. Maidana stopped him. Yeah Broner was severely overrated, but many many many picked him to beat Maidana's ass and/or out class him.

Point is, right now, the two possible fights at 147 that deserve it are Danny Garcia, who doesn't seem to want it next, and Marcos Maidana.

Maidana is what he is, they should strike when the iron is hot. Porter could eventually throw himself into the mix and grow into a bigger fight. Besides, Porter has a mandatory with Brook, if I'm not mistaken.
        Garcia, Bradley and Pac are they only one's that have any claim to "deserving a shot". Everybody else is contender status. No one contender other than the one's mentioned has separated themselves from the pack yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          And Khan beat Maidana.

I mean seriously when are people going to get bored of Mayweather easily UD'ing these slow, flatfooted brawlers?

Do you actually think Maidana is a more interesting fight?
          By the skin of his teeth, three years ago. And he hasn't done much of anything since, really. I don't care for a Khan fight. I really don't. But if it happens, he BETTER stop Khan with that glass jaw of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
            Maidana, Porter, Thurman, Lara, GGG, Khan and Pacquiao have zero shot at even troubling Floyd let alone actually beating him.

At this stage of his career people need to come to grips with that cold reality. Doesnt matter who it is Floyd will beat them while making it look easy. Deal with it and just accept whoever he fights. Whats the difference between him fighting Maidana or Khan. I mean seriously.
            Well, yea. I just realllllllllly don't want to see Khan in there with Floyd man. I mean, I would, just to see his glass chin tapped again. But other than that, it's not this "mega fight" like they will promote it. And on the flip side, I don't think that Floyd-Maidana is a "mega fight" either.

Comment

I don't care who he fights in May Maidana deserves it a hell of a lot more than Khan. The September fight is what I care about.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Garcia, Bradley and Pac are they only one's that have any claim to "deserving a shot". Everybody else is contender status. No one contender other than the one's mentioned has separated themselves from the pack yet.
                2 of those 3 are impossible as you know, and the other one doesn't want it next. So I wouldn't have a big problem with him fighting Maidana and unifying titles. At least we know Maidana isn't getting dropped by way past prime Julio Diaz, and wouldn't pull an Ortiz and quit mentally. I like the Maidana fight more then I liked the Ortiz and Guerrero fights, and those were legit fights as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  At 140 3 years ago. I just don't want to see a guy who hasn't done anything legit since 2011 get a Mayweather fight in May. Khan hasn't done jack since Peterson, a fight he struggle in, and he hasn't actually looked good since Judah, which would be nearly 4 years by the time May 2014 comes around. Hey had Khan fought Devon and won, I'd have no problem with Floyd vs Khan. But he didn't, Shawn Porter did.
                  Didn't really answer my question

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                    Well, yea. I just realllllllllly don't want to see Khan in there with Floyd man. I mean, I would, just to see his glass chin tapped again. But other than that, it's not this "mega fight" like they will promote it. And on the flip side, I don't think that Floyd-Maidana is a "mega fight" either.
                    Put it this way. Given that the options are ****ty, would you rather get the Khan/Floyd fight out of the way now, or have GBP shove it down our throats, Khan running his mouth and his delusional fans talking **** for another year?

If it doesn't happen in May, Khan will cherry pick until it does happen. They've wanted to make this fight for years now.

Now is the best time to go ahead and get it out of the way since there are no other options.

Comment

Yes it is. There is absolutely NOTHING interesting about Mayweather-Khan. Nothing. Khan has done nothing since 2011 and by the time May 2014 comes, it will have been almost 3 years since he looked good.

Comment

Working...
                      X