Collapse
No announcement yet.

BWAA FOY candidates: Floyd, Kovalev, Bradley, GGG, Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give it to danny man! When's the last time a rican got foy?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      True, no question.

dangerous and best are 2 different things. Kovalev is a very tough dude. But he hasn't shown to be better than either. If he and Stevenson get it on-he may prove he is.

OK.
      So you're basing Adonis being better because he won the lineal title, correct? If so... Okay, nothing else needs to be said. You really can't argue against that until they fight

If not, how has Adonis shown he's better, what did he do differently that's shows so much more?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        I'm glad Provodnikov was added to the list, but I'm still saddened that I'm alone in my campaign to make Provodnikov Fighter of the Year. The L on Provodnikov record is irrelevant. Had Provodnikov gotten the nod on the Bradley fight (which could have gone either way), Provodnikov would have had the best win this year. And he did it a Fight of the Year candidate. Then he became a champion in his next fight in another amazing outing. That's real fighter of the year stuff. A few years from now, I'm more likely to remember what Provodnikov did more than what any of the other candidates did.
        If Provodnikov got the KDs called and got the decision, I would have him on my top 5.

As unfortunate as it is, he didn't though, so personally, I couldn't have him as a front runner.

Comment

Bradley should win it IMO

Comment

Mayweather wins only because Canelo was a Record Breaking Event

Me personally, all year I been thinking maybe Garcia, Rigondeaux or Bradley but after really thinking about it...Stevenson Deserves It! Look at his Resume this year alone: Dawson, Cloud and Bellew and he did not just beat them HE DESTROYED THEM ALL! Also avenged his only loss to start his spectacular year by destroying Darnell Boone.

Comment

Rigo, Stevenson or Bradley are my picks.

Comment

Why Floyd? Cause he finally fought twice in a year in how many years? And if its cause of the Canelo win then the Donaire win for Rigo was much better.

Why Kovalev? Not a fan of Stevenson but he would deserve it more.

Why Bradley? He got his ass handed to him by Provodkinov.

Garcia is the more deserving tbh.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Calm down. BoxingScene's own Cliff set the ****ers straight:

Cliff Rold ‏@RoldBoxing 2h
                  Stevenson, Rigondeaux, Garcia, Provodnikov added to BWAA Fighter of the Year vote.
                  Danny Garcia or Floyd should get it, Bradley in third

Comment

Bradley should win it

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                      Danny Garcia or Floyd should get it, Bradley in third
                      I can't take Garcia over Rigo. Donaire is better win than than Matthysse and Judah/Agbeko are the same. Both have been relatively inactive and they are nothing more than solid contenders.

Then you have to consider the fact that Rigo only lost 2-3 rounds max this entire year. He's beat better opposition and beat them more convincingly.

Bradley is #1 in terms of quality of opponents faced and Rigo is #1 when balancing quality and dominance.

Comment

Working...
                      X