Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Wears Down and Stops Glen Tapia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awsome fight.

Comment

• Good fight but Kirkland has limited boxing skills and a good boxer will beat him easily

Comment

• Originally posted by jrrod02
        Just watched this fight again. This time with the HBO commentators instead of the English commentators.

All I have to say it Tapia's corner disgusted me. They sent Tapia out there knowing full well he was out of it. At one point his corner told him " Tell the Doctor you're OK"
        They should be investigated and barred from ever being in anyones corner. Tapia could have suffered permanent damage from the massive beating he was taking. Fight should have been stopped in the 4th round.
        I agree.. when u looked in tapia's eyes u saw he had nothing left and his trainer foolishly sent him back out to take more punishment.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Great fight good to see Kirkland get the win. I would like to see him get a crack at Cotto.

Comment

• Kirkland needs to work on his defense bad. But it was a brutal fight, Tapia hanged in there too for as long as he could, Corner should've stopped, bro had nothing left. He wasn't ready for Kirkland.

Comment

• I had to watch that first round again very closely to see what happed to Tapia...he's peppering Kirkland until 30 seconds left. Then Kirkland gets him up against the ropes and then unloads on him, including a right hook to the jaw. That must have done it. Had too! For the final 30 seconds of the round, Tapia is almost in daze, covering up, throwing no punches, and just taking shots.

He stayed in this daze for the rest of the fight. Barely throwing any punches, and in a kinda hunched over stance, like he's out on his feet. He could have also just ran out of gas!

Comment

• Originally posted by lillu89 View Post
                Canelo puts Kirkland in a casket dude mark my words. And that's all Im going to say.
                Cotto Jr damn near had Canelo in a casket. What are y gonna say "He was weight drained"? Jose Cotto ain't no joke lol!!

Comment

• Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                  LMAO!!! I'm laughing at all the people who think he is ready for Canelo or Lara! Wait...let me laugh a little longer....hold on.....ok I'm good. A good boxer with movement and defense will knock this fool out. I mean if Molina did him in imagine what Lara would do to this dude. Some of you really need to re-check your boxing knowledge because it's leaving a lot to be desired. But don't worry this train will be stopped sooner than most of you think.
                  Molina lost to Kirk by tko, and many think that Molina beat Lara. I'd love to see Lara Kirkland. i'd love to see Kirk attempt to torture the boring one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Molina lost to Kirk by tko, and many think that Molina beat Lara. I'd love to see Lara Kirkland. i'd love to see Kirk attempt to torture the boring one.

Comment

• Originally posted by lillu89 View Post
                      Canelo puts Kirkland in a casket dude mark my words. And that's all Im going to say.
                      Doubtful. Canelo would have to engage to make your dreamy wish come true. No way in hell canelo gives him that opportunity to trade. Legit 154 lbs power aint yet touched that pretty boy face thus far...
                      Last edited by PR ESQ.; 12-10-2013, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X