Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan's Resume- Is it good enough for him to fight Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Who are your top 10 welters:

1. Mayweather
    2. Bradley
    3. Marquez
    4. Pacquiao
    5. Alexander
    6. Guerrero
    7. Broner
    8. Brook
    9. Maidana
    10. Malignaggi
    Solid. Only I'd place Brook at 9 and Maidana at 8.

Comment

No. Definitely not. His last four performances include the Peterson fight where he was pretty much out-hustled and out-fought even if he could have squeaked a decision. After that the Garcia fight where he was knocked down three times and stopped. Then you had two tune-ups, one which was fairly non-descript, and another where he was nearly ran out of the ring by Julio Diaz.

That shouldn't be anywhere near good enough to face the p4p top guy in the sport. He's not a credible opponent at this point in his career. He failed to establish himself as a good candidate for a fight with Floyd, and he's getting the fight anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        his resume is good, better than The Ghost and Canelos

Khan suffered a huge set back after the Garcia loss, had he won that fight he was heading for the May fight 100%

however he lost,

Garcia should be fighting Floyd next, but he said he doesn't want to fight him just yet, so Khan deserves it imo

Haters can go cry somewhere

Khan will win via SD
        hhmmm, .

Must be trolling...

Comment

his resume is good enough but its also about momentum. ray leonards resume is great, doesnt mean i want him coming out of retirement to fight floyd.

khan lost his last two notable fights, both of which he was heavily favored to win, both of which were considered handpicked for him to shine against. since then he had two tune ups, looking like **** in both ang getting dropped by a washed up lightweight in the last one.

khans should be rebuilding his career, not fighting the best p4p fighter on the planet. garcia, alexander, pacquiao and bradley are all much more worthy. hell, id rather see floyd rematch someone he already beat, damn near anyone too. a khan fight is just a terrible idea right now.

Comment

It is what it is. They need to stack the card ala Mayweather-Canelo. I'll buy it but then again I buy every PPV that has boxing on it. But stack the card for me so I feel better about ordering this. I hope Khan at least goes balls to the wall though and tries hard, that's all I ask of him.

Comment

Overall, yes, but his last two years have been terrible and a fighter's recent career matters more than what they did 3 years ago. In that respect, in no logical world does Amir Khan deserve a Mayweather fight.

Comment

Does anyone? Mayweather just trying to cherrypick the most money for the easiest fight.What he doesn't realize is that his 0 is going to go because he can't retire.Once he loses it he'll get some respect, because he'll earn it by fighting better opposition.Feeding off young bloods and glass
                jaws< Khan> can't make you T.B.E.

Comment

It's probably better than that of Alvarez, Guerrero and Ortiz to be fair.

Comment

The Peterson loss wasn't too bad. That fight could have gone eitherway so I'm not going to hold it against him to much. He also lost to Garcia, but Garcia has shown he's not the most embarassing guy to lose to.

I don't rate Pauli and Zab all that much, but they were impressive beatings. Khan certainly didn't strugle as much as Broner did against Pauli. Maidana and Kotelnik were really his only notable wins, and that was a while back.

All that being said, I still think he'll do better than Guerrero and Canelo. I'm actually kind of looking forward to the fight.

Comment

I don't see the name Berto on there so no.

Comment

Working...
                      X