Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

breaking down this heavyweight era and others: Why today stinks!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List updated with the addition of Muhammad Ali

Muhammad Ali 27
    Joe Louis 19
    Evander Holyfield 18
    Ezzard Charles 18
    Jersey Joe Walcott 17
    Floyd Patterson 16
    Larry Holmes 15
    Lennox Lewis 14
    Joe Frazier 12
    Mike Tyson 12
    Primo Carnera 12
    George Foreman 11
    Sonny Liston 10
    Wladimir Klitschko 10
    Rocky Marciano 9
    Vittles Klitschko 6
    James Braddock 5

Comment

• Ken Norton has fought 11 top 10 ranked fighters. He's fought Holmes, Cooney, Shavers, LeDoux, Young, Quarry, Foreman, Ali 3x and Jose Luis Garcia.

Comment

• List updated with the addition of Ken Norton

Muhammad Ali 27
        Joe Louis 19
        Evander Holyfield 18
        Ezzard Charles 18
        Jersey Joe Walcott 17
        Floyd Patterson 16
        Larry Holmes 15
        Lennox Lewis 14
        Joe Frazier 12
        Mike Tyson 12
        Primo Carnera 12
        George Foreman 11
        Ken Norton 11
        Sonny Liston 10
        Wladimir Klitschko 10
        Rocky Marciano 9
        Vittles Klitschko 6
        James Braddock 5

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Muhammad Ali fought 27 top 10 rated fighters. He fought Liston 2x, Patterson 2x, Chuvalo, Terrell, Quarry 2x, Bonavena, Frazier 3x, Ellis, Foster, Norton 3x, Foreman, Wepner, Lyle, Bugner, Young, Evangelista, Shavers, Spinks, Holmes and Berbick.
          That's really just a sick (good sick) resume......

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            That's really just a sick (good sick) resume......

It really is. I'm contemplating moving Ali ahead of Louis on my all time top 10 heavyweight list and readjusting a new tip 20 p4p list. I usually don't include heavyweights, but when you look at it like this its pretty damn impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

It really is. I'm contemplating moving Ali ahead of Louis on my all time top 10 heavyweight list and readjusting a new tip 20 p4p list. I usually don't include heavyweights, but when you look at it like this its pretty damn impressive.
              Yeah, I'm against putting Heavies on p4p lists and have caught some flak for it. I generally don't like p4p anyway and think they're bull**** for anything more than a fun exercise in the meaningless :hah9:

Comment

• It is not fair to compare resumes with Louis and Ali. Nobody believes the Klitschko's could be compared with them. They have done really well in this era tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                  yea,,the size thing does get ridiculously overrated on here
                  Thats because you guys don't really get it see? its not just that modern fighters have gotten bigger, they have actually evolved. Over the course of one or two generations today's fighters have gotten bigger, faster, and a lot smarter also! Even though it takes most species thousands of years humans are special. If you were to take the skeleton of Joe Louis and a Klit brother you would find that the Louis skeleton practically just lost the tail at the Sacral area of the spine. The Klit skeleton would meanwhile have extra vertabrea fused in from our adaptation to gravity....producing incredible punching power like the ancients have never seen.

And all those old trainers....like Futch were superstitious. Today's trainers are totally scientific!

Comment

• Originally posted by miamike View Post
                    It is not fair to compare resumes with Louis and Ali. Nobody believes the Klitschko's could be compared with them. They have done really well in this era tho.
                    They're good fighters in a bad era. And it doesn't help them they don't face more top 10 comp, especially Vits.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Thats because you guys don't really get it see? its not just that modern fighters have gotten bigger, they have actually evolved. Over the course of one or two generations today's fighters have gotten bigger, faster, and a lot smarter also! Even though it takes most species thousands of years humans are special. If you were to take the skeleton of Joe Louis and a Klit brother you would find that the Louis skeleton practically just lost the tail at the Sacral area of the spine. The Klit skeleton would meanwhile have extra vertabrea fused in from our adaptation to gravity....producing incredible punching power like the ancients have never seen.

And all those old trainers....like Futch were superstitious. Today's trainers are totally scientific!
                      You, Sir, made me spit my drink :hahahaha9:

Comment

Working...
                      X