No announcement yet.

best footwork amongst active fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    No disrespect to Floyd but Rigo is number one. He's so fluid and balanced in his movement that it's almost superhuman. No matter what an opponent does, he always just floats right back into a perfect position. It's something else.

going on his entire body of work, he's run too much and taken too many rounds off. floyd's last five fights vs rigo's show a huge gap in class and professionalism. rigondeaux ran less in the donaire fight.

that fight is the only instance where he looked great for any sustained period.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Bro you saw the Berto fight and got hyped.

Don't get offended, Floyd moves well but he's not as fluid as he once was. Pacquiao and Rigondeaux beat him in terms of foot work.
      Yea the Berto fight impressed me. Ghost is normally a tactical boxer but he went to ww, and was so much bigger so he started brawling and walking through shots. Like I said prior, go back and rewatch that 3rd round against Ghost and see that Floyd's footwork is much more diverse, side stepping, lateral etc. Pac is too small to move as well as Floyd. He just has footspeed and can get in and out. I dont think he's instinctive and lightfooted on his feet like Floyd. But I give Rigo credit. As far as Floyd aging, I actually disagree COMPLETELY. He is getting waaaay better than he used to be. He WALKED Canelo down. And If you disagree with me, I wont get mad. I just said we can agree to disagree in the last comment lol

Comment

Pac, Bradley, Rigo, Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by AlexaAriza View Post
          LMFAO O really, It happens its boxing.

Mayweather footwork is no better then GGG or Ward, its mayweather refexes that make him the great fighter he is not his foot work.

Rigo and Pacquaio are the top two who have the best foot work in boxing./

Pacquaio footwork is what open up the angles where as Mayweather reflexes is what opens up the angles for him.
          Go back and watch that 3rd round of the Ghost fight. Pac can get in and out and has good footspeed for a smaller guy. However, Floyd can choose to leap a few feet, or leap to the other side of the ring. He is much more diverse on his feet, and has more gears to his feet than any other fighter I've seen. Rigo has good feet.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Yea the Berto fight impressed me. Ghost is normally a tactical boxer but he went to ww, and was so much bigger so he started brawling and walking through shots. Like I said prior, go back and rewatch that 3rd round against Ghost and see that Floyd's footwork is much more diverse, side stepping, lateral etc. Pac is too small to move as well as Floyd. He just has footspeed and can get in and out. I dont think he's instinctive and lightfooted on his feet like Floyd. But I give Rigo credit. As far as Floyd aging, I actually disagree COMPLETELY. He is getting waaaay better than he used to be. He WALKED Canelo down. And If you disagree with me, I wont get mad. I just said we can agree to disagree in the last comment lol
            That's fine we can agree to disagree; Floyd's picking opponents to make his style shine. Guerrero? Canelo? And at a catch weight? Please. Floyd always picks a fight where he doesn't even test himself.

Pacquiao gets off at all angles bc he has better foot work, Juan even said Pacquiao hits harder and faster than Mayweather. Floyd is quick but he isn't as fast as Pacquiao, Pac gets to more spots than Floyd does, puts punches together that Floyd can't, and is just overall faster than Floyd.

RiGOD might be more skilled than Floyd, time will tell. His win over Donaire is better than any Floyd win since 2007. Rigo is a machine, his balance footwork and defense is impeccable.

Comment

Floyd..he is always is position to punch and not get hit ALL THE TIME...STATS DO NOT LIE

Comment

Not surprised B-Hop hasn't gotten a mention... He has superb footwork, where he can move in any and every direction and has used it to limit his opponents' output without the foot speed of the others mentioned (though that doesn't diminish the fact that they have excellent footwork as well).

Bradley has excellent footwork too.

Who has the best footwork? It depends on your preference... The fighters already mentioned in this thread have strong cases.

Comment

Pacquiao has the best footwork and footspeed

Rigo is 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    That's fine we can agree to disagree; Floyd's picking opponents to make his style shine. Guerrero? Canelo? And at a catch weight? Please. Floyd always picks a fight where he doesn't even test himself.

Pacquiao gets off at all angles bc he has better foot work, Juan even said Pacquiao hits harder and faster than Mayweather. Floyd is quick but he isn't as fast as Pacquiao, Pac gets to more spots than Floyd does, puts punches together that Floyd can't, and is just overall faster than Floyd.

RiGOD might be more skilled than Floyd, time will tell. His win over Donaire is better than any Floyd win since 2007. Rigo is a machine, his balance footwork and defense is impeccable.
                    I completely disagree. When you say that Floyd cherrypicks opponents, your giving this idea that he is fighting random hobos from mexico. Thats not quite true. He fights some very good fighters, and some are young, big, tall, strong but all different from eachother. Floyd is so talented that he is forced to completely compromise his style in order to dominate them without being grazed, which is otherworldly.

If you feel that Pac is fast and throws combinations thats true. But none of that has anything to do with footwork. As far as his footwork is concerned, he has footSPEED, and can get in and out and all that stuff. But Floyd can choose to leap a few feet, or leap to the other side of the ring. His footwork is without a doubt much more sharper, and diverse than Pac's. Pac's is good for a little guy.

Rigo is a good fighter but unlike Floyd he has ZERO offense. Rigo's fight with Donaire looked similar to Floyd's fight with Ghost. Only problem is, Floyd only threw 2 or 3 slow right hands a round against Ghost just like Rigo did with his left against Nonito. And Floyd doesnt always fight like that.

The Floyd who fought Juan and Canelo is the true Floyd with much sharper speed. Countering, feints are through the ROOF. Rigo uses a touch-j like Floyd. But Floyd does veteran tricks like jingling his gloves like popeye to distract his opponents. Floyd is a MUCH better fighter than RiGod and Floyd's win over Canelo was WAAAYY More impressive than ANY Rigo win. Canelo looked like a giant and Floyd walked him down flatfooted, and pinned him against the ropes. Rigo still needs to show me more.
                    Last edited by MurkaMan; 12-04-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X