No announcement yet.

best footwork amongst active fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    You do realize that you're talking about Robert Guerrero vs Floyd Mayweather right?

Rigondeaux and Pacquiao have better foot work than Floyd. Floyd can't put punches together or move from one spot to the other like Manny can.
    I actually picked Ghost to beat Floyd. Most of you expected Floyd to be shoulder rolling off the ropes, fighting on the inside, but I knew that would be impossible. Ghost is a very big tall swarmer. His punches are so close together that you can easily get clipped. No one, not you, and not me, expected Floyd to negate all of Ghost's advantage with footwork.

At times he would reach his long arms midring, and Floyd flew the rest of the way to the ropes.

Floyd's range is beyond magnetic, and more so psychic even. He can feel when Ghost would move then fly to the other side of the ring like a lightweight, and he was actually flatfooted the entire fight with Canelo. Pac has decent footwork for a little guy but he can only move so far. With Floyd being so much taller and athletic than Pac, he can choose to leap a few feet, or leap to the audience. Pac has great combinations, and Rigo has great footwork but Floyd's footwork has several layers and gears. Agree to disagree.

Comment

Golovkin has pretty amazing balance and certainly the best offensive foot work. Rigo has the best defensive foot work, but mayweather used to be even better than Rigo.

Comment

Rigondeaux. He's always on-balance and comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Rigondeaux! The man can basically box LATERALLY! LOL at this gif, Donaire is back peddling while Rigondeaux is just skipping towards him and cutting the ring off so easily.
          That whole sequence reminds me of Pepe le pew everyone thought Donaire was gonna be the one like.

Then Rigo ends up having to chase him with his perfect footwork looking like.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            I actually picked Ghost to beat Floyd. Most of you expected Floyd to be shoulder rolling off the ropes, fighting on the inside, but I knew that would be impossible. Ghost is a very big tall swarmer. His punches are so close together that you can easily get clipped. No one, not you, and not me, expected Floyd to negate all of Ghost's advantage with footwork.

At times he would reach his long arms midring, and Floyd flew the rest of the way to the ropes.

Floyd's range is beyond magnetic, and more so psychic even. He can feel when Ghost would move then fly to the other side of the ring like a lightweight, and he was actually flatfooted the entire fight with Canelo. Pac has decent footwork for a little guy but he can only move so far. With Floyd being so much taller and athletic than Pac, he can choose to leap a few feet, or leap to the audience. Pac has great combinations, and Rigo has great footwork but Floyd's footwork has several layers and gears. Agree to disagree.
            Bro you saw the Berto fight and got hyped.

Don't get offended, Floyd moves well but he's not as fluid as he once was. Pacquiao and Rigondeaux beat him in terms of foot work.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER HANDS View Post
              Golovkin has pretty amazing balance and certainly the best offensive foot work. Rigo has the best defensive foot work, but mayweather used to be even better than Rigo.
              Golovkin's footwork is very solid going forward. Very economical and effective in hunting guys down. What he's like on the backfoot remains to be seen.

Comment

2:41. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  Good footwork dont get you knocked out... Be serious...

It's Rigo. Then Rigo again... THEN Mayweather. Mayweather probably has the best upper body movement though...
                  LMFAO O really, It happens its boxing.

Mayweather footwork is no better then GGG or Ward, its mayweather refexes that make him the great fighter he is not his foot work.

Rigo and Pacquaio are the top two who have the best foot work in boxing./

Pacquaio footwork is what open up the angles where as Mayweather reflexes is what opens up the angles for him.

Comment

Reeeego....

Comment

Rigo, he's like a little magician. Can't believe he doesn't get more love....

Comment

Working...
                      X