Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll:Danny Garcia's left hook to Khan was a lucky punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats his signature punch so no.
    same as donaires counter left.

mannys left hook KO of hatton was trained for; JMMs KO of manny was too.

the only lucky punch i can think of is Sergios KO of Williams. that sht was a no look shot
    Last edited by KING MEAT; 12-04-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

make this poll public, so we know who is a brit.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
        Khan was fighting back and he got dropped. He's shown he can fight back from adversity numerous times. Bayless looked him RIGHT in the eyes and asked if he could continue, and he said yes.

What's the point in asking if you can if youre going to wave it off anyway?
        LOL and it was the first time they were using that head camera, too.

I was a little upset at the timing of the stoppage too, but Bayless has seen that look so many times I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

There can be no debating the stoppage, he was getting cracked and dropped constantly and stumbling around so with little chance to win other than a freak ko there was no reason for him to take more punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
            This. Garcia is a one trick pony with his ******ed no look left hook. Only reason he is getting away with it bc he is big as fck for the division and has a good chin

One trick pony? He's the Jr ww unified champ of the world. So the Matthysse win was a one trick pony too? Lolll I remember the excuse you had 'Matthysse just had the wrong game plan that's all'. Big as FCK for 140?? Wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              LOL and it was the first time they were using that head camera, too.

I was a little upset at the timing of the stoppage too, but Bayless has seen that look so many times I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.
              I don't think I've ever seen Bayless make a bad call like that before.

Comment

Khan was too predictable in that fight, he kept repeating the same combination - double jab, uppercut - and he did that from the first round in a very predictable manner. The uppercut just left him wide open, it was a very risky punch, especially when he was leaping in with it.

I think he would have been caught with some damaging shots by any relatively fast puncher that night because Khan basically trained himself for that fight - Roach was away in Phillipines training Pacquiao. So it's sort of a 50/50 - it was partly a "lucky punch" because of how poor Khan's training camp was, if he'd had a normal camp he would have beaten Garcia by a fairly wide UD, but also Garcia did have good enough timing to catch Khan in that way and with powerful enough shots. Khan would have probably beaten a lesser fighter even after that extremely poor training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  thats his signature punch so no.
                  same as donaires counter left.

mannys left hook KO of hatton was trained for; JMMs KO of manny was too.

the only lucky punch i can think of is Sergios KO of Williams. that sht was a no look shot
                  Didn't think Sergio's punch was lucky either. He had been landing that punch in the first fight and it continued over to the second. That was picture perfect and he knew it was over the second he landed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
                    see..khan dominated the opening two rounds
                    But he didn't.

Comment

Anyone that has been in a ring understands that you can't always look directly where you are going to strike. Often you are throwing at where you sense the other fighter to be.

This is a silly poll.

Comment

Working...
                      X