Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll:Danny Garcia's left hook to Khan was a lucky punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    He trained to hit him in the neck while looking away with closed eyes.
    This. Garcia is a one trick pony with his ******ed no look left hook. Only reason he is getting away with it bc he is big as fck for the division and has a good chin

Comment

It was a lucky punch, Khan tagged him a few times Garcia closed his eyes and swung that left hook like his life depended on it. He was losing real bad up to that point and did not know what else to do. He went for the gusto, its like he said mein **** it am going all out caz this guy is too much for me.
      Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      I don't think it was luck.... look at the sparring footage before that fight - Khan was getting hit with big time, flush left hooks over and over again. Going into the bout, I thought the possibility of Amir being overtrained was high because of the postponments, but there is no way to quantify that...and even if it was possible, that isn't Danny's fault. He's known for that punch and Khan has been hurt with that punch from other fighters

Comment

No, it was a nicely timed counter over the top and Khan's chinny ass couldn't stand up to it or keep himself on his feet after, an appropriate stoppage and it would happen like that every time if they fought again and again.

Comment

Khan dominated the first two rounds and then almost killed in the next two rounds

Comment

After being wobbled I was laughing my ass off when Khan put on the gym shoes and ran with a desperate look around the ring while Danny was chasing him with the chopping hands. Someone post the gif for good laughs plz.

Comment

Is it just me or what? Every time I've seen Khan stunned or KOed he was clipped with a left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                This. Garcia is a one trick pony with his ******ed no look left hook. Only reason he is getting away with it bc he is big as fck for the division and has a good chin
                coming from a margarito fan, this was fukn hilarious to read you brown contradiction, you.

Comment

Originally posted by Robs View Post
                  It was a lucky punch, Khan tagged him a few times Garcia closed his eyes and swung that left hook like his life depended on it. He was losing real bad up to that point and did not know what else to do. He went for the gusto, its like he said mein **** it am going all out caz this guy is too much for me.
                  Ok, well in that case it's even worse then.

Because if Amir was really just too much for Garcia, no amount of "**** it, I gotta wing my hook" would matter.

I believe he MIGHT have been overtrained and distracted and deflated from the Peterson rematch being canceled - and then an additional postponement of the Garcia fight. I'm not putting it on luck, or a style flaw. And he got up anyway, he's got heart to spare. I think it was was bad timing for that fight for Khan. Danny made the most of it and bam we have a new fresh face in boxing. It happens

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    The only thing to not agree about the stoppage in that fight was that it wasn't ended in the third, when Khan had zero legs and was without his senses.
                    Khan was fighting back and he got dropped. He's shown he can fight back from adversity numerous times. Bayless looked him RIGHT in the eyes and asked if he could continue, and he said yes.

What's the point in asking if you can if youre going to wave it off anyway?

Comment

that lucky left hook is his best punch.

that same left hook almost knocked lucas' eye out of its socket...

butthurt brits go to insane lengths to compensate for the fact that america is a flat out better country.
                      Last edited by New England; 12-04-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X