No announcement yet.

Trinidad v Vargas: Rewatched

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    That sums up the fight, a lot of punchers, including Foreman who happened to commentating, often tired towards the end and lost their fire, yes Foreman had the Moorer fight but watch the Ali/Young/Holy fights, Foreman in the championship rounds lost that edge in power and faltered. The same can be said of Tyson.

Tito was a bit like Marciano, deadly even till the very last bell, no matter what the scorecards said.

That's why Oscar ran from him in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
      I don't get why people say Tito was hurt so he hit Vargas with low blows.

Tito was never hurt!!! It was one of the many flash knockdowns he experienced throughout his career. The only guy that ever hurt him was Hopkins when he knocked him down and was out on his feet when his father stopped the fight. He had no reason to hit Vargas with low blows on purpose.

...and yeah, it was a great fight.
      6:48 tito did his best amir khan impersonation here. he was hurt a few times in his career. i think anthony stephens had him pretty hurt too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
        [/B]

That's why Oscar ran from him in the late rounds.
        quite possibly but Oscar had an iron chin, I think i twas more to do with the fact that he got complacent and thought he was too far ahead.

Comment

This is one of my favorite fights. High level , Back-and-forth action by two guys who were intent on rendering their opponent unconscious . Great Stuff! I was up and down on the couch the whole fight. LOL

I do remember thinking Vargas is just too young to fight Tito, give it some more time. Tito had already punched his ticket. He was a big ask for any fighter and Fernando was only twenty. I know he held a title but they could have put it off a year or so and nobody would have said a thing. It still seems a little suspect to me.

edit.. rewatched it.. Its good every time. smiles
          Last edited by old cat; 12-02-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Legendary fight. We need more guys like Tito around nw

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              quite possibly but Oscar had an iron chin, I think i twas more to do with the fact that he got complacent and thought he was too far ahead.
              Oscar was hurt at least once in that fight. And iron chin or not, taking punches from Tito is never a good idea.

Comment

That left hook Trinidad landed on Vargas in the 1st round got Jay-Z out of his front row seats, you can see Jay-Z in the background with that "oh ****" face.

The left hook Trinidad landed on Vargas in the 12th was a monster that completely made Vargas look like he got shot by a shotgun.

Classic fight

Comment

We should make more threads like this of classic fights except post the youtube video of the fights.

Comment

One of my all time favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by old cat View Post
                      This is one of my favorite fights. High level , Back-and-forth action by two guys who were intent on rendering their opponent unconscious . Great Stuff! I was up and down on the couch the whole fight. LOL

I do remember thinking Vargas is just too young to fight Tito, give it some more time. Tito had already punched his ticket. He was a big ask for any fighter and Fernando was only twenty. I know he held a title but they could have put it off a year or so and nobody would have said a thing. It still seems a little suspect to me.

edit.. rewatched it.. Its good every time. smiles
                      Vargas was 23 not 20, still very young though. Can't see many modern 23 year olds fighting guys like Tito. I actually think Khan is the closest to those types of fighters, by 25 he'd already beaten Maidana, Judah and so on and was calling out Bradley whenever he got the chance. Love him or hate him he is ALWAYS willing to fight the best.

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      We should make more threads like this of classic fights except post the youtube video of the fights.
                      ye, I should've posted a youtube link

Comment

Working...
                      X