Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where will Cooto rank ifbhe beats Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where will Cooto rank ifbhe beats Martinez?

If the Martinez fight happens and Cotto wins where will he rank all time?
    Top 50
    27.27%
    Top 75
    0.00%
    Top 100
    27.27%
    Top 150
    18.18%
    Not an ATG
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

1-2 spots above where he is now.

I don't even know where to rank him now.

Comment

IF Martinez wins where would you rank him?

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
        1-2 spots above where he is now.

I don't even know where to rank him now.
        Im really not sure i do either, but a Martinez win would be quite a feather in his cap. Hes fought a lot of very good fighters, but its tough to rank fighters today because of splintered titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          IF Martinez wins where would you rank him?
          Another tough question, but i probably wouldnt give him as much credit for the win as Cotto since Miguel would be moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            If the Martinez fight happens and Cotto wins where will he rank all time?
            Man, it'd be more impressive if he beat Martinez than if he beat Mayweather or Pac, that is if he goes up to 160 to do it. He;d be THE lineal champ at 160, one of the rare welterweight champions to accomplish such a feat. The win, against the odds, is arguably better than what either Pac or Floyd have done in the last 3-4 years....probably more impressive than what Floyd has done in over a decade lol.

Seriously it would be HUGE. Where I'd rank him? Possibly a few spots higher but still lower than the likes of Pac, Hops, RJJ, Floyd and co.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Im really not sure i do either, but a Martinez win would be quite a feather in his cap. Hes fought a lot of very good fighters, but its tough to rank fighters today because of splintered titles.
              I only said 1-2 spots, because I really don't know how the rankings work.

In my mind, a Martinez win is huge for Cotto, but then what? I'd have to know who he's behind, in order to properly rank him.

What if he's right behind a guy like Oscar (Ex.)? Does a Martinez win really put him past Oscar?

Comment

There certainly wouldn't be a doubt that he's an ATG, I don't think. Martinez may be faded, but Cotto's just as faded.

Comment

This is a cherry pick. Martinez has looked like sht shouldnt be the champ is coming of surgery and a long layoff. And to top it off their will probably be a catchweight. If cotto cant beat this version of martinez he sucks

Comment

Cotto is not an atg and never will be

Comment

Working...
                    X