Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ref took away Froch's upcoming TKO victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch was getting ****ing raped all night.

He was more hurt than Groves at the time of the stoppage like 25 times during the fight. Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting.

****, I feel absolutely gutted. Can't even begin to imagine what George is feeling right now.

Comment

Agreed. Froch would have stopped Groves without the controversy if the fight had continued. Stupid by the ref though.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
        He was throwing back.

Groves was hurt more in the Anderson fight. Froch was tired hardly had much in his punches, saying the KO was guaranteed is naive at best.

I agree but Groves did himself no favours reacting in the manner he did. I put it down to inexperience at world level. You just can't take flush shots & then just turn your back and slump like that and expect the referee to not dive in

Groves fought a great fight he will come better.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          KO was definitely coming IMO.

Groves was hurt, tired, and had taken a lot of punishment.

Froch had 3 whole rounds and I doubt Groves would have made it out of there.

Rematch is due, Froch will stop him.
          Groves had hardly taken any "punishment" in the fight. It was ridiculously early. Froch should have been stopped in round 1 if anything.

Groves had one bad-ish round where he took a few good shots - most were still shoulder shots or they were blocked.

Groves beats him in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I agree but Groves did himself no favours reacting in the manner he did. I put it down to inexperience at world level. You just can't take flush shots & then just turn your back and slump like that and expect the referee to not dive in

Groves fought a great fight he will come better.
            I do agree with you but, the Ref was ready to jump in before Groves had even made it to the middle of the ring and turned his back.

It was premature stoppage to what was an amazing fight. We can only assume/guess at Carl may or may not of KO'd him.

Can't wait for the rematch already.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Groves had hardly taken any "punishment" in the fight. It was ridiculously early. Froch should have been stopped in round 1 if anything.

Groves had one bad-ish round where he took a few good shots - most were still shoulder shots or they were blocked.

At the moment of the stoppage Groves was taking some bombs from Froch, he wasn't even getting his hands up.

It was a bad stoppage that's for sure but Groves was taking some serious punches during the last round.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

His face was a mess, he clearly took a lot of solid and hurtful shots.

I think this idea that Groves took no punishment at all is ridiculous. He clearly took a lot of hard shots and his face showed it. Of course as did Froch, Froch took more but Groves clearly took his fair share.

Stoppage was very early, not disputing that but it's clear where the momentum was.

I disagree I think Froch stops him in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  His face was a mess, he clearly took a lot of solid and hurtful shots.

I think this idea that Groves took no punishment at all is ridiculous. He clearly took a lot of hard shots and his face showed it. Of course as did Froch, Froch took more but Groves clearly took his fair share.

Stoppage was very early, not disputing that but it's clear where the momentum was.

I disagree I think Froch stops him in the rematch.
                  Do you agree he has some real power now though?

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                    Groves has power & timing to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                      I do

You have to prove it though, no? He proved it tonight.

I was thinking about our conversation when he dropped him

Comment

Working...
                      X