Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Merchant: Mikey Garcia is the future of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is the future of boxing as much as Canelo lol....

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Who said I'm white? And why does that even matter. It doesn't take much brain power to know if he's born in America, he's american. Maybe you could use some American schooling lol
      As if "American" schooling is superior to other schooling. You're right, it doesn't matter if you're white or not, ignorance is ignorance. I believe it's someone's choice to decide if they want to claim "American" or not, they don't need someone to tell them what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrios View Post
        b1tch please, you know what i mean, he's not just American, he's Mexican American. Must I break every detail down for you simpletons? I know you understand.
        He's still American. He can claim what ever he wants but that fact doesn't change. People are too caught up in bloodlines and where their from and play ignorant to what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
          As if "American" schooling is superior to other schooling. You're right, it doesn't matter if you're white or not, ignorance is ignorance. I believe it's someone's choice to decide if they want to claim "American" or not, they don't need someone to tell them what they are.
          That's more ignorant than most of this thread. So Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are the same race right? Chinese and Korean? You'd be screaming racism if that was said no?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
            He's still American. He can claim what ever he wants but that fact doesn't change. People are too caught up in bloodlines and where their from and play ignorant to what they are.
            Like I said, I've heard all this before with Donaire until he lost and then he wasn't American, he was Pinoy. He's more Mexican than he is American, it's in his blood and although he'll probably never lose legitimately, if he were to lose, you'll see how quick "he isn't American, just another Mexican."

Comment

Originally posted by Warrios View Post
              Like I said, I've heard all this before with Donaire until he lost and then he wasn't American, he was Pinoy. He's more Mexican than he is American, it's in his blood and although he'll probably never lose legitimately, if he were to lose, you'll see how quick "he isn't American, just another Mexican."
              Wasn't donaire born in the Philippines though?

Comment

Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
                Mikey is Mexican. When have you ever heard him say that he is American? He thanked the people of Mexico for their support after his win over Martinez, he wasn't thanking Americans.
                Exactly, why should he thank the citizens of a country that pays him, clothes him and feeds him and his family. I've met some arrogant ****ers in my time but you Aztecs take the proverbial cake.

Comment

Lol how did this become about what race Mikey is? This reminds me of the Chapelle Show episode with the racial draft.

Anyway, Mikey is a really good fighter. I can see him being one of the top fighters in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Wasn't donaire born in the Philippines though?
                    I don't fckin know, can't you see I'm riding someone else's d1ck right now? This is not information that interests me. What I do know is that he was claimed as an American until he lost and was then thrown to the side as "another filipino who lost." So this sht about let's claim him as one of ours is all too familiar. If he suffers the same fate as Nonito, he'll be thrown to the side "as another Mexican" by the same guys that want to claim him as one of their own now.

He's Mexican-American, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                      Lol how did this become about what race Mikey is? This reminds me of the Chapelle Show episode with the racial draft.
                      I made the mistake of complementing Mikey as being one of the rising American boxing stars and a couple of dudes got mad because they want to claim him for Mexico.

Even though they never wanted to claim Oscar de la Hoya since he was born in the States.

Comment

Working...
                      X