Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will "boring styles" eventually kill boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=CTC JOHNNY;13937463]
    Originally posted by junior gong View Post

Like I said I'll be in San Antonio the whole weekend of the fight !!! Weird,dumb and all the above mentioned can be determined Gong jr!!! Believe that!!!
    Yeh...I'll just drop everything and fly to the states. Genius!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Less and less kids these days are growing up on boxing, with the more violent ufc getting more and more attention.

Obviously right now boxing does good based on the fact that most of us grew up with it in the 80's and 90's, but what comes after us? The next generation don't seem to care.

Boxing is evolving, and it's becoming more and more popular for boxers who have a style of winning without having a fight. This style is becoming more effective.

The old school brawlers and sluggers are not as effective, the violence and entertainment is getting rarer.

Casuals want to see blood and guts, two guys trading, brutal ko's, and it's the casuals who buy PPV, while hardcore fans watch on streams most of the time

You look at the guys on top, and coming through and they are the opposite of that

False, there may not be many of us under 20 years old who love boxing but I know a couple guys who love the sport.. well its not that great considering its only about 4 guys who truly care for the sport.. everyone else in America is obsessed with the NBA, NFL, or MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
        Dumb fans are what hurt boxing the most. Dumb fans don't realize the truth in the old boxing phrase "styles make fights". Dumb a$$ fans think a 100+ year old sport that attracts millions of people & billions of dollars every year can be killed??? Its mind baffling how ****** some boxing fans are nowadays.

PS Outside of the USA the popularity of the UFC is marginal at best I love the UFC but MMA is so much more than just the UFC. Dumb fight fans don't understand that also. And lately more & more UFC fights have just become bad boxing.
        I'm a huge fight(boxing,MMA,grappling) fan but the Sweet Science is what I love!! I Respect all fighters but a lot of the so called fans on here are not even fans of the sport but fans(haters)of individual people! Why is

Comment

Originally posted by CTC JOHNNY View Post
          I'm a huge fight(boxing,MMA,grappling) fan but the Sweet Science is what I love!! I Respect all fighters but a lot of the so called fans on here are not even fans of the sport but fans(haters)of individual people! Why is
          You have just described yourself perfectly.

Comment

Mike Tyson
            Manny Pacquiao
            Muhammad Ali
            Roberto Duran
            Arturo Gatti
            Tommy Hearns
            Matthew Saad Muhammad
            Naseem Hamed
            Erik Morales
            Diego Corrales
            Evander Holyfield
            Sugar Ray Leonard
            Julian Jackson
            Marvin Hagler
            Joe Frazier
            Bobby Chacon
            Micky Ward
            George Foreman
            Michael Carbajal
            Tommy Morrison
            Roy Jones Jr.
            Kostya Tszyu
            Carlos Zarate
            Danny Lopez
            Israel Vazquez
            Sonny Liston
            Aaron Pryor
            Carlos Monzon
            Nigel Benn
            Ruben Olivares
            Vinny Pazienza
            Ike Ibeabuchi
            Salvador Sanchez
            Ray Mancini
            Pipino Cuevas
            Rafael Marquez
            Alexis Arguello
            Marco Antonio Barrera
            Jeff Fenech
            Ricky Hatton
            Livingstone Bramble
            Ricardo Lopez
            Rafael Ruelas
            Earnie Shavers
            Edwin Valero
            Greg Haugen
            Felix Trinidad
            Johnny Tapia

ALL were exciting to watch. Brought fans many good exciting fights. Boring fighters SUCK. and unfortunately for marketing reasons and corruption as well as no unbiased Ranking system to believe in...we have 1 & 2 best p4p on the top of the list being the most boring fighters out there. Despite who they fight the quality of opponent the mismatches and hand picked fights...they remain a top guy. lol The guys i mentioned above and some i didnt will always be remembered. Boring fighters die off. Nobody remembers them. No good memories that is!

Comment

Also look at the top guys right now, they're leading the game.

Kllitscko
              Ward
              Mayweather

Neither are the most exciting power puncher eh? We need them to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                Also look at the top guys right now, they're leading the game.

Kllitscko
                Ward
                Mayweather

Neither are the most exciting power puncher eh? We need them to leave.
                Klitschko and Floyd were actually very exciting to watch in the earlier phase of their careers.

Comment

[QUOTE=junior gong;13937499][QUOTE=CTC JOHNNY;13937463]
                  Yeh...I'll just drop everything and fly to the states. Genius! like I said I'm a real boxing fan not some mixed up person that doesn't know what they are! Please drop everything!!!!! I go to boxing events !!!! I just don't come on boxing scene and write $.hit that I real don't know nothing about!!!

Comment

I agree. Some "fans" don't watch the sport to see who wins & enjoy it like you would do other sports like Basketball or football. For example. You don't call the old Giants football team boring & dismiss their wins because Lawrence Taylor dominated & they won games 3-0 or 10-0 every Sunday. You appreciate the great defense they played. Some of the dumb a$$ fans are on here at it again. Acting like offense is the only part of boxing.

I will say it again DUMB A$$ fans are hurting boxing. But nothing will ever kill the sweet science.

Comment

[QUOTE=CTC JOHNNY;13937579][QUOTE=junior gong;13937499]
                      Yeh...I'll just drop everything and fly to the states. Genius! like I said I'm a real boxing fan not some mixed up person that doesn't know what they are! Please drop everything!!!!! I go to boxing events !!!! I just don't come on boxing scene and write $.hit that I real don't know nothing about!!!
                      No sunshine, thats exactly what you do. And I think your going down the larry x road to internet tough guy world. I have no need to burn a ton of money flying all the way to the states just to explain to you why you are a clownshoe. You should already know that. If you do actually attend fightcards(which I very much doubt) then try paying attention. You might actually learn something, I doubt it, but seeing as your there its gotta be worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X