Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will "boring styles" eventually kill boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Oh sheesh...

We're talking about boxing styles and this dude brings up race.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    And the saddest irony is that flint and the rest of his floydiot tossbags are the most racist people on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Less and less kids these days are growing up on boxing, with the more violent ufc getting more and more attention.

Obviously right now boxing does good based on the fact that most of us grew up with it in the 80's and 90's, but what comes after us? The next generation don't seem to care.

Boxing is evolving, and it's becoming more and more popular for boxers who have a style of winning without having a fight. This style is becoming more effective.

The old school brawlers and sluggers are not as effective, the violence and entertainment is getting rarer.

Casuals want to see blood and guts, two guys trading, brutal ko's, and it's the casuals who buy PPV, while hardcore fans watch on streams most of the time

You look at the guys on top, and coming through and they are the opposite of that
      When these brawlers develop degenerative brain diseases from taking so many shots to the head and are no longer able to support themselves, will these blood thirsty war mongers be there to support them? Have you made a contribution to help pay Abdusalamov's medical bills?

I think we as boxing fans expect way too much from these fighters and it's time for us to lower our expectations. This is not the freaking Colosseum. These fighters have families they need to provide for.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong
        Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Oh sheesh...

We're talking about boxing styles and this dude brings up race.

And the saddest irony is that flint and the rest of his floydiot tossbags are the most racist people on this forum.
        And they play the best victim role lol. They swear it's them against the world. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          And they play the best victim role lol. They swear it's them against the world. Smh

Nobheads mate, each and everyone of them. No exceptions.

Comment

"Boring styles" won't really hurt boxing. I think it's these BS PPV fights they try to sell every other month, the best not fighting against the best will, fighters hiding behind promoters & now even behind networks. That makes hard core & casual fans drift away. Because the fights we want to see simply don't get made in today's boxing world. I grew up watching it & practicing in the gym as a kid & while if was in the service, I'll always have some conection to it, but yeah what happens after us the next generation will most likely be all UFC/mma fans. Simply because there's allot less BS & the best can't hide from the best over there.

Comment

[QUOTE=junior gong;13937284]And the saddest irony is that flint and the rest of his floydiot tossbags are the most racist people on this forum.[/QUOT Tossbags !!!! Your a Lame, if your a fan be a fan but your boxing IQ is not very high at all !!! I get it you never was a athletic type kid so your envy towards people who are is the real issue it's cool !!! Just go to your local gym and try to learn how to apply the Sweet Science to your mind!!! I'll be in San Antonio , Tx for the Broner fight homie if you are who you say you are !! PM me if your going to the fight and we can talk boxing or world views!! Because if you feel that way be proud!

Comment

[QUOTE=CTC JOHNNY;13937438]
                Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                And the saddest irony is that flint and the rest of his floydiot tossbags are the most racist people on this forum.[/QUOT Tossbags !!!! Your a Lame, if your a fan be a fan but your boxing IQ is not very high at all !!! I get it you never was a athletic type kid so your envy towards people who are is the real issue it's cool !!! Just go to your local gym and try to learn how to apply the Sweet Science to your mind!!! I'll be in San Antonio , Tx for the Broner fight homie if you are who you say you are !! PM me if your going to the fight and we can talk boxing or world views!! Because if you feel that way be proud!
                As responses go, yours was about as dumb as it gets. It started badly and got worse to the point where it was just weird at the end.

Comment

[QUOTE=junior gong;13937449]
                  Originally posted by CTC JOHNNY View Post
                  As responses go, yours was about as dumb as it gets. It started badly and got worse to the point where it was just weird at the end.
                  Like I said I'll be in San Antonio the whole weekend of the fight !!! Weird,dumb and all the above mentioned can be determined Gong jr!!! Believe that!!!

Comment

Dumb fans are what hurt boxing the most. Dumb fans don't realize the truth in the old boxing phrase "styles make fights". Dumb a$$ fans think a 100+ year old sport that attracts millions of people & billions of dollars every year can be killed??? Its mind baffling how ****** some boxing fans are nowadays.

PS Outside of the USA the popularity of the UFC is marginal at best I love the UFC but MMA is so much more than just the UFC. Dumb fight fans don't understand that also. And lately more & more UFC fights have just become bad boxing.

Comment

I don't think boxing will ever die. The top boxers make more money today than they ever did before. The highest paid MMA star would have to fight about 50 times to make the same money Floyd makes for one fight. There are lots of boxers fighting today with exciting styles. GGG, Garcia, Matthysse, Thurman, Maidana, Pacquiao, Rios and lots of other fighters really come to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X