Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will "boring styles" eventually kill boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTC JOHNNY View Post
    What !!!! Please name some gyms you ever trained, visited or any boxing events you were a pattern at!!! Your not a fan your a racist , cowardly, clown!!
    How delightful, another race baiter. I think you're very good at it, not only in a domestic setting, but I think you have international potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      Boxing hipsters^^^.
      You spelled "fan" wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Less and less kids these days are growing up on boxing, with the more violent ufc getting more and more attention.
        There's more boxing on TV than ever before. Boxing is still the most popular combat sport worldwide.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Obviously right now boxing does good based on the fact that most of us grew up with it in the 80's and 90's, but what comes after us? The next generation don't seem to care.
        Did you watch the Mayweather/Canelo press conferences? Full of young fans. Martinez's success revived boxing in Argentina and motivated a lot of kids to take up boxing, Broner is becoming pretty famous among young african americans, Khan and Brook have a lot of young british fans, Canelo got the young mexican fanbase on lock.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Boxing is evolving, and it's becoming more and more popular for boxers who have a style of winning without having a fight. This style is becoming more effective.

The old school brawlers and sluggers are not as effective, the violence and entertainment is getting rarer.
        Actually there are many come forward punchers who are world champions right now : Froch, Golovkin, Kovalev, M.Garcia, Broner, Provodnikov, Santa Cruz, Salido, Uchiyama, Wlodarczyk.

7 of HBO's last 12 main events have ended in KOs and there have been many exciting fights this year.

Comment

• The equivalent of this question to another sport is "Will putting the ball in the basketball eventually kill basketball?", "will scoring runs eventually kill baseball?"

dear god, op, thank you for reminded me why I dont frequent bs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Em1 View Post
            The equivalent of this question to another sport is "Will putting the ball in the basketball eventually kill basketball?", "will scoring runs eventually kill baseball?"

dear god, op, thank you for reminded me why I dont frequent bs.
            and this should end of the thread nopthing else needs to be said

Comment

• To be frank, I don't think a lot of kids these days have the attention span to even watch Danny Garcia for 12 rounds. Its kind of sad.

Comment

• its only boring to those who dont really know what there watching. only naive fans who want blood and guts care about what styles they watch,master boxers and movers are the best out there and will continue to be. just look at the p4p thoroughout boxing history. get used to of it or go watch UFC

Comment

• I haven't bothered reading all the pages here but I feel it's safe to assume the boxing hipster butthurt is strong in this thread. My opinion on the matter is that boxing always finds/creates stars and survives. The sport was supposed to die after Oscar for a recent example. But you're right that more and more kids can't or don't want to muster up the attention span required to get into boxing beyond the big events. The upside is those of us around now have a lot of years left to support the sport and a whole lot can change between now and 70-80 years from now.
                  Last edited by Motofan; 11-18-2013, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather's style is far from action packed, and he's got the #1 and #2 PPV records of all time. Manny Pacquiao's fights have a lot more action going on, and he's always sold PPVs.

If you want to see mindless blood and guts, check out an MMA broadcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Floyd Mayweather's style is far from action packed, and he's got the #1 and #2 PPV records of all time. Manny Pacquiao's fights have a lot more action going on, and he's always sold PPVs.

If you want to see mindless blood and guts, check out an MMA broadcast.
                      except elite mma fighters have a lot more overall skill than elite boxers. they have to punch, kick, knee, wrestle, takedown, submit and at the same time have a defense for all these things. how is that mindless? boxing is just punching and if you have the right ref you can just hold for most the fight increasing your win percentage ten fold. show some respect. the order of toughness goes like this

1. ping pong
                      2. mma
                      3. knitting
                      4. andre ward

Comment

Working...
                      X