Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Dominates Rodriguez in Mismatch of Skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sun Diego View Post
    ...hence why they chose Edwin.
    Andre Ward has basically cleaned out the super middleweight division, and he has defeated better fighters than Rodriguez so what point are you trying to make? That Rodriguez was hand-picked to make Ward look good?

As for your "S H I T fight" remark, and your comment in another thread, "If you can't effectively control the fight with movement angles or aggression fighting a fighter in Edwins level you do not deserve to be in the P4P rankings," I'm sure all of the P4P fighters would love for you to demonstrate these "movement angles" so that they can do what you apparently know how to do.

Somehow, however, I don't think you'll be demonstrating anything other than how easy it is to fight someone else's fight for them through a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
      Damn that is almost word for word what Ward said at the post fight interview. Yeah all the holding, holding and hitting & head butting Ward did was Edwins fault cause he tried to punch back
      Wow. It's amazing how delusional people like you are

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
        Ward grabed his arm almost every time they got close but he whipped him. Those lefts landed when ever they wanted too.
        No. Ward grabbed his arm every time Rodriguez held Ward around the waist. The one who holds onto the waist is the one who is holding an initiating the holding and the one who grabs the arm that is holding him around the waist is simply defending himself and doing what he is supposed to do.

Comment

yeah......skill, is that what they call it now

Comment

Ward is an extremely talented and efficient boxer but his style is just horrid to watch. Throws some nice combos and then clinches....jab and then clinches...clinch and then rams his head in...hook and uppercut followed by a clinch. He's definitely the second best fighter in the sport today but I'm not a fan of his fights. And this is coming from a Rigo and Floyd fan.

Comment

Glad I was drinkin when I watched this fight.........a level vs a c level and a level fighter fought down to c's level and still didn't put him away. Easy money, ugly fight

Comment

Ward fans just have to stop trying to explain or take up for Ward against complete Trolling Idiots

Ward could have scored a KO in the 1st Round Tonight and they still would have criticized. Fuk Them Who Cares!

Ward is Top 2 P4P and the best BY FAR in his Division...PERIOD! Ward is just so active and dominating INSIDE that all Edwin could do is grap to try and show him down which in return made the fight even more slopping

Ward just don't grap and look for the ref, when Ward gets insided he stays active and keeps his hands moving

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Ward is an extremely talented and efficient boxer but his style is just horrid to watch. Throws some nice combos and then clinches....jab and then clinches...clinch and then rams his head in...hook and uppercut followed by a clinch. He's definitely the second best fighter in the sport today but I'm not a fan of his fights. And this is coming from a Rigo and Floyd fan.
                  This 100%.

Comment

Andre Ward

We have seen a usual great performance from Andre Ward in terms of doing what he does best and that is holding, grabbing, and making his opponent look miserable. The worst part is that by taking his opponents out of rhythm makes his fight quite rough, ugly, and boring. Although I believe Andre Ward deserves the 2nd spot in the p4p list considering the current state of the 168lb division, I still think his fights are very difficult to watch even for a hardcore boxing fan like I am. In my eyes he is nowhere close to all time greatest middleweights (Hagler, Hearns, and Sugar Ray Robinson) in terms of excitement. Andre Ward is good in what he does...whether he will ever achieve an all time greatest status is another thing.

Comment

People call Ward, Floyd, and Rigo boring. But only because their rooting against them. Why dont their opponents throw 1000 punches? Because they can't. Better fighters make you fight their fight. Hate on haters!

Comment

Working...
                      X