Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets not act like if Mayweather win over Canelo was anything impressive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you even know why guys like Rios and Donaire kill themselfs to make weight and refuse to move up in weight class

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      It really depends on Canelo, if Canelo goes on to have a quality career possibly involving some success at middleweight then that win will be looked at very positively. If Canelo falls into the dustbin of boxing history then it was just another fight~

The 2 pounds won't be that meaningful because Canelo looked the exact same guy from the Trout fight~
      I agree, but I think the weight controversy his success really needs to come at 154 for this to look like a good win. E.g. if he loses to Cotto at 154, it's gonna look like a pretty garbage win.

Similarly if Trout loses to Lara, the win is depreciated as that was Canelo's only genuine claim to legitimacy.

Comment

It's not impressive because Canelo lost that's why. He stepped into the as Supper Middleweight but he was drained i hope that's makes it easier to accept that loss.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          It's not impressive because Canelo lost that's why. He stepped into the as Supper Middleweight but he was drained i hope that's makes it easier to accept that loss.
          ggg needs to call out canelo like he did martinez and knock his ass out

Comment

Considering his age, the fashion in which Floyd dispatched of Canelo was impressive, but that's it.

It's a decent win on a decent resume - nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              It really depends on Canelo, if Canelo goes on to have a quality career possibly involving some success at middleweight then that win will be looked at very positively. If Canelo falls into the dustbin of boxing history then it was just another fight~

The 2 pounds won't be that meaningful because Canelo looked the exact same guy from the Trout fight~
              Agreed 100%. I think it depends on Canelo's career from now on.

Regardless, I thought Floyd's win here was impressive. He absolutely dominated a bigger, younger, undefeated and heavily hyped fighter. I do think the catchweight will diminish the legacy of this win, though I would also expect Floyd would win the fight at 154 lb too, in a more competitive fight.

Comment

I know I am in the minority but I thought the fight was competitive. I am watching thinking, the rounds look fairly close for the most part to me. One of the few who saw that fight with clarity and fairness was the judge who called it a draw. Of course that judge was blasted.

I was perplexed when after the fight, I hear the populace crowing that Floyd has once again dominated, which I don't think happened, at all. Mayweather created an illusion of fighting by throwing punches which went close, and mostly hit gloves, slightly missed or landed without authority. He is difficult to pin down.

I think when a fighter has a reputation of greatness prefight, Like Mayweather, commentators and observers embellish what he is doing and I saw a lot of that in the commentating of the fight and the post fight analysis.

Canelo didn't fight poorly. He landed the straight jab, which was harder than Floyd's jab. He landed the right cross. He landed harder body punches than Floyd, but post fight punch stats say Floyd landed 60 power punches to Canelo's 48. That is pure fiction. Floyd maybe landed 10 power punches and he gets a lot of credit for landing punches that are touching gloves.

Floyd is like the Will O' the Wisp. Hard to catch. I don't think that fight discredits Canelo. But I do want him to fight Lara or Martinez or even GGG. Those guys won't be as hard to catch up to and then we will see where he is.

Comment

Canelo weighed in at 1.5lbs more for Trout...

153.5lbs

152lbs

Comment

Yeah...any WW can win 10 rounds against Nelo...right?!?...smh

a WW takes THEE JMW Champ to Boxing University is unimpressive only when the WW is Floyd Mayweather....smh

Comment

Originally posted by SlyDominican View Post
                      perhaps you had one to many cervesas,

dont worry butthurt isn't known to last very long. mayweather schooled your favorite fighter, its really not a big deal get over it UD12
                      MD12. Bradley also beat Pacquiao. Unless of course, you see further than what a couple of highly suspect judges tell you.

The win wasn't that impressive. The most impressive thing about it was that Canelo was 1 division above, but the catchweight tarnished it a little. But in terms of performance, it was the usual pitch-out that Floyd puts on against these types of fighters, so kudos to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X