No announcement yet.

Lets not act like if Mayweather win over Canelo was anything impressive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    This was not the case of 2 fighters trying to agree on the best weight to get this fight on.............. Some fighters, due to who they are, can get what they want. So this was basically, Floyd demanding for a CW or no fight. Canelo who has no pull, had no choice but to agree to the CW.

Even Ellerbe was laughing and saying "It's not our fault that we took advantage of Canelo's dumb managers accepting the CW". The CW agreement was one sided. Take it or leave the big pay-day and opportunity to fight Floyd at the door!!!
    like Pacquiao fighting rios at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      like Pacquiao fighting rios at 147?
      Not even close!

Floyd vs Canelo were 2 fighters who held a title at 154 yet Floyd still asked for a CW to go down below 154. Initially the CW was below 152 but they settled at 152. When was the last time you saw that?

At least Rios will not come in looking like a skeleton at the weigh in. Rios will come into the fight the strongest he has ever been. For someone who lost the way Manny did, picking Rios could be the wrong move .... We will find out in 1 weeks time.

Canelo said "The hardest part of training camp was having to make the 152 CW"

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
        Fact is he cheated, he weight drained canelo and got him in such ill shape that he looked terrible and could barely stand, did you see his face at the weigh in, in comparison to his other fights? its like he had no cheeks cuz he was so drained
        floyd also cheated marquez on the scales, its like he found a new way to cheat but no one says nothing, well i say it like it is and the fact is canelo would whoop mayweather if he was fully hydrated and in his normal weight class
        its just basic common sense that mayweather will not be able to deal with canelo's normal power
        I thought it was ridiculous that two 154 pound champs fought at a catch weight of 152 That's like Ray Leonard at 147 telling Tommy Hearns were fighting at a 145 lb catch weight

Comment

I've been told you guys that it's the easiest 40 million cherry picker ever made

Comment

Not even close!

Floyd vs Canelo were 2 fighters who held a title at 154 yet Floyd still asked for a CW to go down below 154. Initially the CW was below 152 but they settled at 152. When was the last time you saw that?

At least Rios will not come in looking like a skeleton at the weigh in. Rios will come into the fight the strongest he has ever been. For someone who lost the way Manny did, picking Rios could be the wrong move .... We will find out in 1 weeks time.

Canelo said "The hardest part of training camp was having to make the 152 CW"
            Rios was fighting at LW 2 fights ago man how long hove you been following the sport?

Pacquiao didn't fight a boxer who wasn't coming up or going down in weight since Clottey true story

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
              Nobody acts as if it was a great win.

im not so sure about that theres plenty of people that think that fight sealed floyds greatness, i personally think its all bs.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                I thought I was the only one who felt this way! Am I fond of catch weights? No. But no one is holding a gun to people's heads to make them sign the contracts. It's agreed upon, so there shouldn't be any excuses on either end.
                This is how I see it..

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Rios was fighting at LW 2 fights ago man how long hove you been following the sport?

Pacquiao didn't fight a boxer who wasn't coming up or going down in weight since Clottey true story
                  At the lower weights, Rios looked like a skeleton during weigh-ins but I thought that everyone knew that .... man how long have you been following the sport?

AGAIN .... Manny got KOed in his last fight brutally and is still fighting a guy that can be very dangerous and will be stronger than when he drained himself at the lower weight. Floyd, who held a title at 154, fought there for his 3rd freaking time, should not be calling for a CW .... don't you get it now ..... man how long have you been following the sport?

AGAIN ..... Due to the circumstances, Manny's next fight is NOT the same yet you are trying so desperately to make it seem as it is. IT'S NOT!!!

And to add, Rios was not Manny's #1 nor #2 options. So AGAIN, not the same .......
                  Last edited by ADP02; 11-16-2013, 02:51 AM.

Comment

At the lower weights, Rios looked like a skeleton during weigh-ins but I thought that everyone knew that .... man how long have you been following the sport?

AGAIN .... Manny got KOed in his last fight brutally and is still fighting a guy that can be very dangerous and will be stronger than when he drained himself at the lower weight. Floyd, who held a title at 154, fought there for his 3rd freaking time, should not be calling for a CW .... don't you get it now ..... man how long have you been following the sport?

AGAIN ..... Due to the circumstances, Manny's next fight is NOT the same yet you are trying so desperately to make it seem as it is. IT'S NOT!!!

And to add, Rios was not Manny's #1 nor #2 options. So AGAIN, not the same .......
                    Floyd was moving up from 147 against Guerrero and still weight less at the weigh in whats manny excuse for bringing in all these LW and JrWW's?

by your logic Manny didn't have an impressive win the last 5 years other then Diaz at 135 and Clottey at 147

Comment

It really depends on Canelo, if Canelo goes on to have a quality career possibly involving some success at middleweight then that win will be looked at very positively. If Canelo falls into the dustbin of boxing history then it was just another fight~

The 2 pounds won't be that meaningful because Canelo looked the exact same guy from the Trout fight~

Comment

Working...
                      X