Lets not act like if Mayweather win over Canelo was anything impressive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Logic? You are NOT making any sense!

Floyd has fought at 154 three times now and has a title there. Once you have a title and it's your 3rd fight and your opponent has a title at 154 then it's time to STOP it with the CWs. Especially when the opponent struggled before to make CWs and has stamina issues. AGAIN, it's a very different situation that it just not making sense to you alone. Everyone would have realized that but for some strange reason you are defending that.

I have criticized Manny including when he fought guys that appeared to make less sense than who he should be fighting. You defend a move that Floyd shouldn't have done (man, ding ding ding .... it was his 3rd fight at 154 ..... hello!!! Team Floyd even were laughing at all the weaknesses that Canelo had. So they need to add another one by doing a CW?????)

Don't you want to see Floyd fight the best and not remove the opponents attributes (eg CW)?

I know someone that he always needs to have the advantage when he does something competitive. I usually prefer being the underdog as I like the challenge. Now I'm not saying that Floyd needs to be the underdog but again, don't you want him to for once fight an opponent that doesn't have people criticizing the fight? A fight where the odds are not so tilted?

As for Rios, again, that was option #3. So just think of 2 fighters that Floyd has a good chance of losing to and those guys saying no to a Floyd fight and then Floyd picks Canelo. Then anyone who would blame Floyd is just plain biased hater.

Again, when I see Manny, Floyd or anyone else, I want to see them challenge themselves. The exceptions are when they lose the way Manny did. That is when I can handle an easier opponent ...... BUT being that Rios will come in stronger than ever, can take a punch, is younger and always hungry while Manny has many questions due to his last fight, Rios can be trouble as well. That is like Roy Jones taking on a puncher after getting KOed by Tarver. Not the best of moves!
    Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    Its been a decade since Floyd has had an impressive win!
    Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Yes, Floyd does need advantages to win his fights and also even to dare take afight that he is infamous for already.

Correct me if im wrong but has any Canelo opponent ever requested a CW and that they wont fight Canelo without one?
    If no, then Floyd is requesting things no one has ever done. And the fact that Floyd is supposedly the best in the world it makes it evenworse.
    Ladies you all picked canelo to win and you were all wrong. Its ok, wasn't the 1st time won't be the last.

Comment

And they say Floyd should fight GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        do you even know why guys like Rios and Donaire kill themselfs to make weight and refuse to move up in weight class

Yah donaire is really killing himself to make weight...

Comment

Well Floyd fans wanted to discredit the Cotto win due to the CW from PAC so Floyd fans have to deal with this now and can't say **** if you were one of the guys doing that.
          Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 11-16-2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Ladies you all picked canelo to win and you were all wrong. Its ok, wasn't the 1st time won't be the last.
            WRONG!!!

Sorry to disappoint you but I didn't even want to see that fight because I knew that Canelo was NOT ready for that step up yet. Too inexperienced, too many issues to fix. The CW was not the reason he lost but it didn't make things any easier for Canelo. Imagine, Floyd was trying to take Canelo's sole advantage. Floyd's team admitted all that was said so STOP BEING BIASED!!!

Just go check out the ALL ACCESS clips of Floyd eating and Canelo eating. Canelo had to train hard for the toughest fight of his career but had to refrain from eating to the point that he said that that was the hardest part of the training camp. Those are Canelo's words not mine!

Comment

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
              I know I am in the minority but I thought the fight was competitive. I am watching thinking, the rounds look fairly close for the most part to me. One of the few who saw that fight with clarity and fairness was the judge who called it a draw. Of course that judge was blasted.

I was perplexed when after the fight, I hear the populace crowing that Floyd has once again dominated, which I don't think happened, at all. Mayweather created an illusion of fighting by throwing punches which went close, and mostly hit gloves, slightly missed or landed without authority. He is difficult to pin down.

I think when a fighter has a reputation of greatness prefight, Like Mayweather, commentators and observers embellish what he is doing and I saw a lot of that in the commentating of the fight and the post fight analysis.

Canelo didn't fight poorly. He landed the straight jab, which was harder than Floyd's jab. He landed the right cross. He landed harder body punches than Floyd, but post fight punch stats say Floyd landed 60 power punches to Canelo's 48. That is pure fiction. Floyd maybe landed 10 power punches and he gets a lot of credit for landing punches that are touching gloves.

Floyd is like the Will O' the Wisp. Hard to catch. I don't think that fight discredits Canelo. But I do want him to fight Lara or Martinez or even GGG. Those guys won't be as hard to catch up to and then we will see where he is.

Best fanbase in sports.

Comment

Didn't Canelo cheat weight before too?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  Best fanbase in sports.
                  Holy ****, this guy is a gold mine!

I think you may be a little hasty to proclaim that Mayweather - Mosley will severely outsell Pacquiao-Clottey. I am a boxing fan and I feel I have been burned more than once buying the Mayweather PPV, because the fights turned out far less exciting than they were hyped up to be.

I KNOW Pacquiao and Clottey will both come to fight. That fight will definitely be action packed. I only hope Mayweather will come to fight, but I expect him to run and protect himself alot which does not make for an entertaining fight.
                  Pacquiao would dominate Mayweather. It would be like what he did to Clottey because Mayweather is a very cautious fighter who would be first concerned about getting hit. Mayweather's fans have him so overrated it is a amusing. Mayweather would run.

It's a fight and *****s are gloating because Pacquiaio took some shots, even though he dominated the fight. Clottey held up his guard all night, and no way was he going to get KOed.

Let's wait for the Mosley fight if Mayweather still shows up. Mayweather will not dominate Mosley anyway nearly as convincing. I think he will lose.

Comment

Canelo lost so now the CW was a problem. I bet you that if he had won then they would had been no excuses and there is no complaining when Canelo got all that money in the bank either.

Any fighter that agrees to the c/w and signs the contract has no excuses

Comment

Working...
                    X