Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW! Floyd Mayweather hopes Canelo will be on his Undercards again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of the big earners PPV wise are Mexican.....that's the reason they don't fight on Mexican holidays. You can throw random mexican fighters on there, or even very good ones but when boxing releases it's numbers it only counts american PPVs.

Marquez, Garcia, Chavez....aren't going to bring near the numbers of Floyd, Pac, and Cotto...so why would they put mexicans on it, if they can get bigger demographics with others and the mexican base will buy either way?

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qs2hJKf5Oo

starts at 13-30

Floyd knows his next fight is gonna do Guerrero numbers without the Irish/Mexican.
      I'm not buying that Khan Fight that fight needs to be shown on Saturday Night Live it's a joke

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
        if you cant see why floyd needs to fight on may, please log off. he needs strong undercards with mexicans in order for him to sell the ppvs. if he so exciting why not fight on some other date? the truth is he needs the mexicans, sad but true....

Very true, you'll never see Floyd fight on 4th of July weekend or any other American holidays, just the Mexican holidays.
        Last edited by UTEP; 11-14-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
          Better yet, how about you show numbers for a ppv fight canelo has headlined. Dont worry, ill wait.
          He's headlined one ppv fight. Sold 2.2 million. Shattered the ppv record and live gate record.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Why the hell wouldld canelo go on his yndercards again? GBP gave him three ppv dates
            No, they didn't. GBP gave Alvarez three potential PPV dates. When all is said and done, only one of those fights will end up on PPV because Alvarez has only two PPV-worthy opponents -- Cotto and Martinez -- and he will not fight them both in the same year. In spite of what you and others on this board think, 800,000 people will not pay to see Alvarez/Guerrero, Alvarez/Angulo or Alvrarez/Trout-Lara winner. In fact, if Alvarez fought someone who was the equivalent of Robert Guerrerro on PPV, that fight wouldn't crack 100,000 PPV buys because, unlike Mayweather, Alvarez cannot carry a PPV event on his own!

Comment

I created a thread shortly after the nelo v. may fight, and the general consensus was that there wasn't anymore reason for nelo to fight on his undercards. It would have to be mutually beneficial, and I don't think it would be.

Edit: here's link to the thread: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=612079

Comment

Mayweather's fights will tank without Mexican superstars in the undercard.
                His next fight will be extremely difficult to sell. Schaefer/Showtime will have to spend millions and millions of dollars to promote it. Expensive marketing, expensive undercards, expensive Mayweather.... man, Showtime/GBP will go broke eventually. I don't think they even made money in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                  of course, fraud always uses mexican warriors to sell his ppv events. without mexicans fraud jr will be exposed as a hype job created by ex-cons and hood rats trying to con people.
                  Bingo! Floyd isn't a draw, period. What were the numbers for the Guerrero fight? Lmfao.

Canelo's first PPV brought in 1.6 mil, baby.
                  400,000k for Matthysse vs. Garcia
                  And the rest for Wife Beater.

It's a fact that he can't sell without Mexicans or Latinos.

Let's see Floyd fight on MLK day, how many PPV's will he sell to the Hood Rats?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                    Better yet, how about you show numbers for a ppv fight canelo has headlined. Dont worry, ill wait.
                    How did you come to the conclusion I was saying Canelo is a ppv superstar? The facts are he does great numbers ever since he's fought on hbo and sells out when he fights( 40k in the trout fight) he's more than popular enough to headline his own cards and do decent numbers with an opponent like Cotto who's a proven ppv fighter . I could care less how many ppv's he sells I'm not going to see a dime of it and I would rather watch his fights for free. But the reAlity is that he's not going to be fighting in Mayweather's undercards , aside from the ego these guys have, he would have to be compensated which will be hard since he makes over 2 mil fighting on regular Hbo or Showtime.

Ps thanks for waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                      Mayweather's fights will tank without Mexican superstars in the undercard.
                      His next fight will be extremely difficult to sell. Schaefer/Showtime will have to spend millions and millions of dollars to promote it. Expensive marketing, expensive undercards, expensive Mayweather.... man, Showtime/GBP will go broke eventually. I don't think they even made money in his last fight.
                      You don't think they made money because your a mildly ******ed pac fringe groupie..

Comment

Working...
                      X