No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia says he's a Puerto Rican champion on Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    His blood is Puerto Rican so he is technically Puerto Rican. If Mexicans claim De La Hoya as one of their greats then... Danny Garcia is definitely Puerto Rican.

But then again, I don't like this type of topic. Starts the race/nationality wars that are just so pointless. Let fighters represent who they want and fans to support and claim who they want.

At the end of the day, we're all fans of the same sport.
    Literally no Mexicans from Mexico claim De la hoya.... at all

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Save up a few points before Cotto announces who he is going to KO next and I'll happily take them off your hands. He has been great for boxing and he'll continue to be great for boxing. The Canelo and Martinez pay days will be great for when he does decide to retire though.
      Will bet all my points on Nelo/Martinez once the fight is announced. Also, will try and save all my points until the fight.

Love your dedication to cotto. Too bad Sexy Serg and ATG Snake send him out to pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
        It's true the Irish are the complete opposite of say mexico in that regard. It generally seems Irish won't claim you unless you're born there. Even being second generation Irish-American i'm still that.... Irish-American....I'm def not Irish. I met the Irish hurling team (interesting sport if you care) and they said it's better to claim you're Irish blooded than Irish.
        Mexicans and Asians are similar they will accept you no matter where you are born as long as ur heritage is the same as theirs

Irish however don't unless ur born in Ireland and thus to them is the only way ur Irish

They don't care for Irish Americans, to them they are just "Americans".

weird, but it rings true for them

I understand the Irish blood, ive heard the same said about English and Scots when I was in the states
        Last edited by FrankieBruno; 11-10-2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

So I guess we can say that Danny Garcia is the Last Of The Kneecans?

Comment

Here we go again. The only people who use the word American is non-Americans and people who made it late to the states and want to fit in. Danny Garcia is Puerto Rican!!!!!!!!!! Who cares who accepts him. Some dark skinned blacks don't like light skinned blacks. Do you know how confusing it would be to label as American. It's like a surname to us. If I'm walking pass home depot and a Mexican is selling slices of cantaloupe and elotes, I'm not going to tell my girl "wait I'm going to buy an elote from that American". No, I'm going to say "I'm going to buy an elote from that Mexican". She would know exactly where I'm going. lol. Don't make it so confusing. I don't go to New York in the summer for the American Day Parade. Its the Puerto Rican Day Parade. Look at those beautiful Americans. No, look at those beautiful Puerto Rican women. We are all American, but we have to narrow it down. We might get it wrong like calling Cuban a Dominican or a Chinese a Korean. Trust me we will say something but American is not one. Look at those Americans riding around deep looking for trouble, No look at those black dudes riding around deep looking for trouble.. If someone dropped their wallet in a crowd and for some reason you cant get it to them and have to explain to someone to pass it to them for you. Lets say its Danny Garcia. Would you say give this to the American with the Air Force ones and white t-shirt? No, that would take forever. That short Puerto Rican guy with the blow out fade and the sunglasses on just dropped this, can you pass it to him? That works wayyyy better. American? pssssh lol.

Danny garcia is Puerto Rican.......

Comment

And I'm the Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea Danny, my dad has Asmat blood, I was just born a couple of miles away from the place is all.

Comment

Originally posted by VaBoriKua2012 View Post
                He clearly knows nothing about nationality. He's an American. To be Puerto Rican you have to be born in Puerto Rico.

Comment

why does race become such a big thing in boxing. So odd.

Comment

8 pages and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                      If someone dropped their wallet in a crowd and for some reason you cant get it to them and have to explain to someone to pass it to them for you. Lets say its Danny Garcia. Would you say give this to the American with the Air Force ones and white t-shirt?
                      I'd be like "Aye homie, that guy over there that looks like Master P's little brother dropped this. Can you give it to him? Thanks."

Comment

Working...
                      X