Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia says he's a Puerto Rican champion on Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say what I always say about Garcia when this comes up, he is as Puerto Rican as apple pie.

Now he does have Puerto Rican heritage, and I don't care what he reps or who reps him. That is a good fan base to try and tap in to.

Comment

Why do people want to discredit him from being Puerto Rican? You people sound stupid.

Comment

Mexicans coming to NSB talking ish - ecstatic and trying to claim Mikey Garcia as Mex. It's funny to me

War Danny Garcia - PR Champ - Best in division. Nobody wants it w/ Swift

Comment

I love how that clown Jsfd26 ducks Garcia threads like the plague

Comment

He's rican. Simple as that. He's trying to tap into the PR market and that's a good move. I know a lot of people in Philly that are from the island and they don't like him one bit cuz he never really repped PR in the past. Everyone knows this is a tactical move but so what? It's an intelligent move. He's rican.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
              Tell that to the thousands of fans who showed up to meet him in NY, PA, NJ & FL.
              Are those cities in puerto rico? >__>...

Seriously though he's american with Puerto Rican heritage. But american... It's pretty much universally agreed upon in latin american countries that born and raised in america and you dont even speak spanish? AMERICAN! Send him out to PR and everyone will call him puerto rican. Throw him in against Cotto and even Angel will be american lol.

Thats just the way it is. Ricans WILL show him some love but again..thats til he fights a "real" rican. Just like with De la Hoya when he fought Chavez Sr

He doesn't even get the New Yorican benefit of the doubt. Dudes american, I dont see whats wrong with that? He can rep his roots long enough and maybe win em all over but wait til he loses and theyl toss him aside...

Comment

garcia is a poser,,,,

good fighter, but a poser,,

like a poster above me said,,, he is only rican till he fights a real rican,, ala oscar-chavez

Comment

speak some spanish then bi%ch

Comment

Well his dad is always on about how he hates foreigners, so u can see why the PR don't take to him

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                      His blood is Puerto Rican so he is technically Puerto Rican. If Mexicans claim De La Hoya as one of their greats then... Danny Garcia is definitely Puerto Rican.

But then again, I don't like this type of topic. Starts the race/nationality wars that are just so pointless. Let fighters represent who they want and fans to support and claim who they want.

At the end of the day, we're all fans of the same sport.
                      I was gonna post a reply, but this pretty much nailed it right here.

Comment

Working...
                      X