No announcement yet.

Talked to a doctor about Mago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Man, I cant believe this thread hasn't been deleted. This dude really pissed me off just now.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Aaaaand you're going to do what exactly ? "Red k sent sent !!!" FOH ..

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      F that... he's a warrior and he'll recover. His spirit won't let him slip away so ignominously
      What a ******ed comment.

Comment

The donate organs part is particularly cold blooded to say, imo.
        +1

The man isn't even dead, he's not even a US citizen and donation of organs is a very personal decision. It's a pretty objectionable thing to say at this point in time.

Comment

F that... he's a warrior and he'll recover. His spirit won't let him slip away so ignominously
          Whaaaat ??? Dude I get it... You feel for the guy. But really how old are you ? Ever watch the news ? There's people dying or on life support every day from acts of violence they didnt even willingly put themselves in. It's part of life ... DEATH. TS knows a guy who's a doctor explained the situation and he gave his honest opinion. I'm sure if he was in a professional setting and was Mago's actual doctor he would've probably sugar coated it some as I'm sure you would prefer ... But what does any of that matter if in the back of Doc's mind he's saying to himself "yea this guy is focked" .. I mean really if your mechanic told you he couldn't fix your car in other words it was DEAD , would you be mad at him because he wasn't being positive about the situation ?

Comment

Speaking from experience here. I spoke to 2 of the worlds leading neurological experts and they told me they basically guessed. Thats just how it is. Especially with the brain.

Its all just guess work ok.

If this thread is true, this Dr took a guess.

That was maybe unprofessional, but every convo a Dr of medicine has is'nt meant to go worldwide and they overate their knowledge.

We all hope for the best but its just down to luck ( or whaever u believe in) now.

Wont hurt to pray.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              Speaking from experience here. I spoke to 2 of the worlds leading neurological experts and they told me they basically guessed. Thats just how it is. Especially with the brain.

Its all just guess work ok.

If this thread is true, this Dr took a guess.

That was maybe unprofessional, but every convo a Dr of medicine has is'nt meant to go worldwide and they overate their knowledge.

We all hope for the best but its just down to luck ( or whaever u believe in) now.

Wont hurt to pray.
              To the contrary, he just gave his professional opinion based on the facts given to him. What the hell is wrong with people in this thread.

Comment

WRONG. A doctor disregards the power of belief and hope. Many a doctor have robbed a man of his hope and robbed a man of his fight, with their worst case scenario mutterings and then said man has promptly died

There is a place for dispassionate science, but in a matter where we are also considering the ability of a human being to recover from sickness, injury, and near death, the power of hope and belief should never be underestimated.

I'm speaking in general terms, when a doctor gives his worst case scenario spiel to people that are then robbed of their fight. Obviously its not going to affect Mago any.
                I spoke to a friend about Mago and my friend is a priest. He said that if we all just prayed, Mago would make a complete recovery.

Pretty good advice don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  To the contrary, he just gave his professional opinion based on the facts given to him. What the hell is wrong with people in this thread.
                  No, If ive learnt one thing in my years, its that having a medical degree can be massively overated, by both the Dr and people asking for advice.

Its the most specialized industry in the world, yet they always have an opinion yet ive spent more years at school that most MDs and trust me, people think im full of ****. Especially on here and they are right.

I have no idea about the outcome of this patient, but trust me. onnly his family would and his neurosurgeon is, like us just guessing an hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Give up and donate his organs huh? Truly disgusting comments but I'd expect nothing less from a scumbag doctor.
                    He's a scumbag for being honest? I actually assumed the same conclusion he came up with. If you know anything about situations like this, you know the vast majority of the time the person does not come out of it alive let along fully functional. The doctor was giving his honest opinion of the situation based on what he was told. This is life and it's the reality of the sport we love.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                      He's a scumbag for being honest? I actually assumed the same conclusion he came up with. If you know anything about situations like this, you know the vast majority of the time the person does not come out of it alive let along fully functional. The doctor was giving his honest opinion of the situation based on what he was told. This is life and it's the reality of the sport we love.
                      Being honest? What? He's speculating and then giving some pretty horrid advice like "give up and donate", and it hasn't even been a week. The **** is that? That's not just cold, it's dumb as hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X