No announcement yet.

Talked to a doctor about Mago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talked to a doctor about Mago

A good friend of mine's dad is a doctor. He doesn't watch boxing or know anything other than what I told him, but I explained everything that happened to this point. He told me that if he had to be ihntibated because of the stroke and is on life that support, that he's likely now in a persistent vegetative state due to the stroke and trauma. His brain was swollen from the trauma which caused the blood cot and stroke, which is why they took a piece of his skull out. He said he suspects he's brain dead and the only hold up is waiting for the family to accept that, give up, and decide to donate his organs. I really hope that's not the case, but I trust this guy a lot. I'm keeping Magomed and his family in my prayers, but I always like to prepare for the worst whole hoping for the best. I told my wife after the first round that the fight should be stopped. Mago was already defeated. He was looking in the camera to see his face swelling on the big screen behind the ring. I said if he's worried about that, he's done. It should have been stopped then and there.

Give up and donate his organs huh? Truly disgusting comments but I'd expect nothing less from a scumbag doctor.

Comment

Get ye hence, stormcrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
        Give up and donate his organs huh? Truly disgusting comments but I'd expect nothing less from a scumbag doctor.
        Nothing disgusting about it. Doctor is speculating based on the information available and if it is true then there's really nothing else that can be done.

Comment

there comes a point when medicine cant do anything to help, and praying to whoever wont do a damn thing

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
            Nothing disgusting about it. Doctor is speculating based on the information available and if it is true then there's really nothing else that can be done.
            Yeah and that's another thing I hate - speculation. Strike up another for douchebaggery.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              there comes a point when medicine cant do anything to help, and praying to whoever wont do a damn thing
              Doctors like that should be shot. No people skills - just quick to judgement and tossing around nameless body parts.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                WRONG. A doctor disregards the power of belief and hope. Many a doctor have robbed a man of his hope and robbed a man of his fight, with their worst case scenario mutterings and then said man has promptly died

There is a place for dispassionate science, but in a matter where we are also considering the ability of a human being to recover from sickness, injury, and near death, the power of hope and belief should never be underestimated.

I'm speaking in general terms, when a doctor gives his worst case scenario spiel to people that are then robbed of their fight. Obviously its not going to affect Mago any.

Comment

Doctors like that should be shot. No people skills - just quick to judgement and tossing around nameless body parts.
                  Agreed. They must cultivate hope where they can. Obviously you lose some, but w would not lose as many if we weren't in a culture that just gives up on people when the odds are turned against them

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    Agreed. They must cultivate hope where they can. Obviously you lose some, but w would not lose as many if we weren't in a culture that just gives up on people when the odds are turned against them
                    Dr. was speaking in an informal setting. I highly doubt Dr. would speak that way to his patient. Also, it was speculation, not his medical opinion.

I don't see anything wrong with speculating in that fashion. If he spoke with his patient that way, then that would be offensive.

Comment

Working...
                    X