Ruslan Provodnikov is the only fighter Mayweather can't bully on the inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd TKO 11 on Cuts

Comment

I love Ruslan, he is one of my top 10 fav fighters but Mayweather is no Bradley. When it comes to defense, adjusting and ring IQ - Mayweather is on a whole 'nother level on that department. It takes someone with equal speed, awkward style and someone that throws crazy combintations with power (like Pacquiao does for example) to truly test that shell. You are not going to beat Mayweather throwing 2 or 3 punch combinations, Floyd knows that and that's why he has chosen those type of opponents (ie: Cotto, Canelo, Guerrero, etc)

I would still root for Ruslan of course but I'd rather see him in other fights. Every PPV from here up until Floyd retires, I want to see him truly tested. Golovkin, Pacquiao, Thurman, Ortiz (if he puts it all together at last, he has a shot as crazy as that might sound)... etc. Ruslan is just 1-2 steps, throw, take punches - rinse and repeat. A perfect fit for master counter punches like May and Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        Oh, and Ruslan would be a good fight to see against Mayweather, just because of the styles.

Ruslan is the type of guy that will go for broke, a la castillo. You need that against Mayweather. All these other guys... Robert, Cotto, Mosley, Canelo... tried to box him. laughable.

That makes no sense at all, trying to break someone at their strongest point. You should try to exploit weakness not play into your opponent's strengths.

Having said all that, Provodnikov brings the best out of May, and unless May ages overnight, May still wins by dec.

Great fight though
        Zab had success boxing Floyd until Floyd made adjustments. He even dropped him with a counter hook that was never called....it will take a boxer to beat him. All brawlers are tailor made for him. It will take someone with skills to make Floyd think in the ring...

Comment

I got a feeling Ruslan is gonna be turned into Matthysse 2.0 around here. He beat Mike friggin Alvarado. I'm a fan of his but damn, let's not hype him up like he's the next Roberto Duran or something. Yes, he's relentless, yes he fast and powerful, but elite fighters know how to nullify all of those attributes! He's not and will never be ready for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyl-Out View Post
            Zab had success boxing Floyd until Floyd made adjustments. He even dropped him with a counter hook that was never called....it will take a boxer to beat him. All brawlers are tailor made for him. It will take someone with skills to make Floyd think in the ring...
            Pressure is still the key to Floyd. Just because Zab caught him with a quick flick that doesn't mean May was hurt. And he recomposed himself and took Zab to school.

People make way too much out of that supposed KD.

NOBODY will EVER outbox Floyd. Its a fools errand to go at a master's strongest skill like yours is just as good...

Now go back and watch the Jesus Chavez and Castillo fights. Guys with iron chins that can walk through shots and stay in May's chest and not give him room to think or breathe are always going to be the ones that make May the most uncomfortable.

Prov is another one of that breed.

Comment

Floyd would pick Ruslan apart

Comment

I see Floyd hitting him at will and stopping him late with one of Prov's eyes closed and cuts on his face as well. Floyd reduces a fighters work rate and nullifies their best weapons. Pinpoint counters are like the hot water that breaks the ice.

Comment

Told you all soon the "flavor of the month" will be beating Duran!

Comment

here we go another overhyped guy just like mathysse i still remember when mathysse was the one to beat mayweather lol. Mayweather will stop his guy he got outboxed by bradley he has power and decent speed but he cant deal with boxer punchers especially one of mayweathers calibre.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                      Look at what happened when Bradley tried to do it.

Plus let's not forget about the Roach factor. Make fun of him all you want but this guy is obviously a boxing genius. He's failed against mayweather before, but that doesn't mean he can't figure out how to beat him if he keeps trying.
                      Adorable post. Provo is exciting and very likeable but he isnt going to do squat against Floyd.

Furthermore...Floyd doesnt bully fighters on the inside. He keeps them at a safe distance by using his advantageous reach, handspeed and timing.

Comment

Working...
                      X