No announcement yet.

GGG Cannot Fight Going Backwards!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    He tried like 2-3 times in 5 second spurts. Combine all those in a row and he still wouldnt have won a round. He spent 99% of the fight going backwards, he could have at least tried pushing forward, i dont see whats so hard about that, especially since GOlovkin doesnt know what to do in that situation, right
    Easy to say, harder to do. I typically don't like saying what a fighter should or shouldn't do because fact is most fighters cant change the way they are programmed to respond int the ring. Stevens isn't hat good. He did better than expected, that's about all u could ask for from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Only times where he's had to survive on the backfoot were against margarito 1, clotted and PAC and he looked very uncomfortable in those fights for long spurts.
      no, he also had to do it vs corley and torres when they caught him with huge shots and he was rocked,, cotto made the adjustment of not coming forward and making them come to him, and he boxed off the back foot and stopped them,,, Cotto is better off the back foot than ggg

Comment

10 seconds?

So stevens punched back, i never knew fighters do this. Yet he couldnt even clearly win 1 round doing this, not 1 round. It also looked like GOlovkin wanted him to come to him and took a step back because stevens had his gloves tied to his face

Like i said, this is micro-analyzing, pick a 5 sec spurt out of the 24 mins and say golovkin is 1 dimensional.

If he cant fight going backwards, why didnt stevens push him back
        Because he's terrible.

I wouldn't expect a P4P level fighter to be letting Stevens land the combinations he was at the end of one of the rounds (Forgot which one)

Despite being seldom, he showed an obvious weakness and that he's not comfortable on the back foot.

Comment

Yet none of those guy could do it past 5 seconds at a time, let alone win a round doing it, or an entire fight without getting completely destroyed in the process
          it probably has something to do with his competition being weak........

160 is a very weak division. thats what happens when you fight c fighters like stevens. they aren't as durable or as gifted as guys at the top level. (they can only do so much)

thats why i want to see him move up to 168, not because of the weight but it's a big talent jump.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Because he's terrible.

I wouldn't expect a P4P level fighter to be letting Stevens land the combinations he was at the end of one of the rounds (Forgot which one)

Despite being seldom, he showed an obvious weakness and that he's not comfortable on the back foot.
            exactly,,, good post

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              Easy to say, harder to do. I typically don't like saying what a fighter should or shouldn't do because fact is most fighters cant change the way they are programmed to respond int the ring. Stevens isn't hat good. He did better than expected, that's about all u could ask for from him.
              Whats hard about pushing forward; nothing except worrying about taking a worse beating then going backwards and surviving. That was the only thing stopping him from going forward, a worse beating. This is what Chavez jr does all night long. Stevens was programmed to survive last night and he did a decent job of it for 8 rounds. It would be nice if he tried to win imo
              Last edited by Russian Crushin; 11-03-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Because he's terrible.

the crazy thing was golovkin didn't do anything to send stevens to the ropes. stevens for the most part would literally send his self to the ropes.

when you fight these c level guys you can only expect so much out of them. people are running around saying "why didn't he sustain pushing golovkin back!! why!" because he's a c level fighter & he's extremely limited.

you can only expect so much from a c level guy...........

Comment

Because he's terrible.

So stevens has this massive success going forward, exposing golovkin, yet he decides that he can only do it a few times in 5 second spurts.

Theres nothing hard about walking or pushing forward, nothing. People are pretending like its some type of skill like counter punching or fainting. All stevens had to do was attempt to make his feet walk toward golovkin instead of away. This is Chavez' entire game plan, yet stevens couldnt even try to do it? Please. If Golovkin couldt fight going backward, stevens would have surely pushed him back instead of stand there and take a beat down

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    that's a big IF and is not a given...Vargas thought the same about a WW Tito moving up to JMW...that's why they took that fight...if that translates for GGG at SMW, then your entire theory is thrown off

the only difference might be; it'll be SMWs in survival mode...we wont know until it happens and to speculate as if it were a given is pretty ******
                    I'm going by the most likely scenario..........the likely scenario is that when a guy moves up his power will take a knock & he'll find himself going the rounds more.

not to mention that golovkin won't just be moving up in weight but he'll also be moving up greatly in talent. (guys that are durable)

Comment

Because he's terrible.

Yep exactly, I don't get why pointing out this is a big deal because who knows when it will really cost him but knowing a guys limitations is a big part of assessing him.

What I saw wasn't 100% positive even though he easily won, I don't get how people who really follow the sport assess guys if you aren't trying to look at the whole picture presented win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X