No announcement yet.

Jeff lacy comeback,,,, anyone heard anything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Just like Cloud being the only person who could make Stevenson look like Pernell Whitaker, Lacy is the only person who can make a shot Roy Jones look like Superman Roy Jones.

They're carbon copies of one another.
    HAHAHAHa you are so right,,,, lacy, cloud are the same person i think,, your quote actually made me laugh out loud in my office,,,, im just chuckling thinking about stevenson looking like pernell, and the sad part is,, its so true,, cloud made him look like a p4p elite HOFer,,, too funny

Comment

I'm going in there to see if I can meet Thurman but will ask about Lacy. I loved watching him back in the day.

Funnily enough I was the only Brit in a room full of Yanks when I watched him fight Calzaghe. I was living in Fresno then.

I took a lot of ****e in the hour before the fight.

And none after.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        cool, bookmark this thread, and let us know if you hear anything

No way,,, jones would always own lacy,,,, lacy did the unthinkable and made roy look like it was 1994 all over again,,, Roy stopped him with embarrassment last time,, he will do it again,,, remember roy throwing 7 left hooks in a row, Roy was on his game that night,,,,,
        That's fine but we're not talking about 2009 which is now half a decade ago. We're talking about 2014. Lacy would stop Roy Jones, point blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          few weeks ago it was reported that jeff lacy was planning a comeback and had signed with a smaller promoter in florida,,,

Havent heard much since,,, anyone know anything,,,

Lacy is completely done as a top level fighter,, but i would still watch him, just to see how far the guy has fallen,,,,
          http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1593&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
            That's fine but we're not talking about 2009 which is now half a decade ago. We're talking about 2014. Lacy would stop Roy Jones, point blank.
            What do you base it on?

Lacy is coming off a 3 year lay off there's a very high chance he's even worse than he once was.

His last fight which was three years ago he was soundly beaten by a Journeyman.

Comment

You spelt Tavouris Cloud wrong.
              Na. Not a very good fighter, but his close debatable wins against Johnson and Campillo sh-t on Jeff Lacy's record. His wins over Mack, Woods, old Julio Cesar Gonzalez and Zuniga are also decent. Light years above Lacy.

To the poster who said Berto, I disagree with that as well. Berto's fights of the year losses to Ortiz and Guerrero were better than any win on Lacy's resume, and his wins over Collazo, Zaveck, Urango, Forbes and Quintana seals the deal.

Comment

holy crap. Lacy is almost 37 years old. Honestly thought he was in his early 30's for some reason like 32-33 at most

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Na. Not a very good fighter, but his close debatable wins against Johnson and Campillo sh-t on Jeff Lacy's record. His wins over Mack, Woods, old Julio Cesar Gonzalez and Zuniga are also decent. Light years above Lacy.

To the poster who said Berto, I disagree with that as well. Berto's fights of the year losses to Ortiz and Guerrero were better than any win on Lacy's resume, and his wins over Collazo, Zaveck, Urango, Forbes and Quintana seals the deal.
                  He clearly lost to Campillo who's not very good himself and Johnson I suppose is better than everything Lacy did but I felt he lost that fight.

Those wins you listed as decent wins are far from decent.

Broner's wins over DeMarco and Pauli are much better wins than anything Lacy has aswell. More so than Cloud.

Lacy and Cloud fight similar, and are both similarly terrible.

Comment

What do you base it on?

Lacy is coming off a 3 year lay off there's a very high chance he's even worse than he once was.

His last fight which was three years ago he was soundly beaten by a Journeyman.
                    And Jones has been KO'd brutally twice in his past 4 or 5 fights. If Lacy lands a single hook it's lights out

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                      And Jones has been KO'd brutally twice in his past 4 or 5 fights. If Lacy lands a single hook it's lights out
                      The only "brutal" KO in his last 5 fights was Lebedev.

Lacy seemingly lost all the overrated power he once had all of 3 years ago when he was soundly beaten by a Journeyman that Andre Ward stopped.

Lacy's not going to stop Roy Jones not now, not ever. Which is another testament to how bad of a fighter he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X