Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there anyway floyd could have beaten leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
    no lw jww and ww easy duran pick at 154 its tougher but floyd isnt as fleet footed at 154 and doesnt have the jab that did it for benitez
    Doesnt have the jab? Did you see his jab against Canelo? Floyd isnt a NATURAL jabber. He was never known for his jab. He ONLY started using it when he fought JMM. And he had PERFECTED it. If Floyd knows that its important for him to use it against a certain opponent, he will come in with the best jab in the game like against Juan and Canelo. At ww, I dont even think Floyd would run the way SRL did. He would move in certain spots, but he's going to beat a little guy like that up really bad I think.

As far as his feet, he only uses his feet against very tall guys like Ghost. Against big buff muscly guys he walks them down. Against a guy like Duran, I think he would simply use range, a touch jab to keep Duran away, and just batter the little guy.
    Last edited by MurkaMan; 11-08-2013, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• of course he could of beaten srl to say he had no chance is dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Doesnt have the jab? Did you see his jab against Canelo? Floyd isnt a NATURAL jabber. He was never known for his jab. He ONLY started using it when he fought JMM. And he had PERFECTED it. If Floyd knows that its important for him to use it against a certain opponent, he will come in with the best jab in the game like against Juan and Canelo. At ww, I dont even think Floyd would run the way SRL did. He would move in certain spots, but he's going to beat a little guy like that up really bad I think.

As far as his feet, he only uses his feet against very tall guys like Ghost. Against big buff muscly guys he walks them down. Against a guy like Duran, I think he would simply use range, a touch jab to keep Duran away, and just batter the little guy.
        I just wanted to correct that, he's been using consistent jabs, even more so, since his amateur days. He's been deploying the oldschool "move in a circle towards your left (your opponent's right) while shooting a rising jab with the chin behind the trajectory of your own elbow that's jabbing". He just doesn't use it when he feels he doesn't need to. This is one of the reasons that people really can't (even if they were quick enough and athletic enough) shoot a counter-right over his jab like he does to them, because he positions his face behind his jabbing arm's elbow, head tilted towards the right just slightly, and the glove is always higher than the rest of the arm.

My trainer stresses the same basics all day and gets angry as **** if I don't do it rofl.

Comment

Working...
        X