No announcement yet.

Is Zab Judah a Hall of Famer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
    If you let Gatti in, you gotta let zab. I mean, can you even compare Gatti's resume to Zab's? I like both guys, esp Gatti war attitude but if Gattis in, Zab should be in too.
    Originally posted by Mike_Tyson23 View Post
    Yes

Gatti made it into the hall of fame. Judah beat better fighters than Gatti, and he also won more titles.
    Just because a fighter who was not really HOF worthy made it doesnt mean you open the flood gates and let everybody who is not worthy a HOF based on that one fighter who was not worthy but got in.

Its like that in all sports across the board. A lot of players get in that shouldnt have. Doesnt mean you let everybody in because of that person.

Comment

I said yes. To me its not about wins and losses getting into the hall of fame its about impact on the sport he's been around a while and fought some of the best came up short but he's a fairly recognizable figure in boxing and I think he has a decent chance at getting in

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I like this guy, seriously. He adds names that are virtually unknown to the boxing public as good wins on a boxer's resume.

But yeah, surprisingly Mabuza doesn't get mentioned ever, despite Judah being underdog in that fight, as well as in the Paris fight.

Look at the abuse he got in the pre fight of Paris:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=539100
        Are you suggesting that because you don't know the guys mentioned above, that they weren't good champions/fighters?

Who haven't you heard of? They were all champions and all were well known at one point or another.

Rafael Pineda fought Pernell Whitaker, Roger Mayweather, Mark Breland, Cory Spinks....etc etc. He was one of the 140/147 divisions best known punchers for a long time and a champion at 140.

Terron Millet was another 140 champion. He fought Arturo Gatti, Freddie Pendleton, Vince Phillips, Sharmba Mitchell.

If you were watching boxing through these periods, you knew these guys as much as you would know a Joshua Clottey, or Andrei Kotelnik type fighter. Not huge names, but good fighters nonetheless.

Comment

Possibly, I'd like em in there cause I like the guy, but I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't make the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Not really. I think it's ok.

It's not as bad as others make out, IMO.
            Id say hes fought some good names thats for sure. ummmmm but he lost to everyone of them.

bitter sweet?

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
              Possibly, I'd like em in there cause I like the guy, but I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't make the cut.
              That's how I feel

Comment

no. losing to baldomir is unforgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Id say hes fought some good names thats for sure. ummmmm but he lost to everyone of them.

bitter sweet?
                  He lost to the best guys he faced but he beat quite a few good fighters.

Comment

I don't know about hall of famer, but his quality of opposition over the years has been tremendous. Unfortunately Zab lost most of his fights at the top echelon.

Comment

No he's not because in all his big fights he lost. He's had good longevity but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X