Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who deserves to be 2013 fighter of the year? why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money, easy wins over Gurrero and Alvarez, should be an easy call

Comment

Bradley with rigo a close second.

Comment

Deffently Stevenson...he the man

Comment

Timothy Bradley. Guy literally went to hell and back with that savage Provodnikov, i mean he really poured his soul out there and won it clearly and fairly imo. It was FOTY in a Great year of fights.

He than outboxed the legend that is Juan Manuel Marquez fresh off the back of his big KO of Manny Pacquaio no less.

Mayweather had a good year too.

Obviously the year aint over though....

Comment

Bradley or Adonis and its not even close.

Adonis hands down because Bradley barely won both his fights. Adonis KOd THE MAN and a solid contender

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

tim bradley, rigo, stevenson. take your pick

Comment

I'am going to have to go with Money May.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  My vote goes to Floyd Mayweather. He has won the biggest fight if the year and holds two lineal titles at the same time. Adonis Stevenson deserves a mention as well as Garcia
                  "biggest" fight of the year? GTFO with that BS. Can't stand these posers.

FOY doesnt go to the "biggest" fight. Floyd holding two titles is a black eye on the sport, not something to be praised.

Comment

Mayweather dominated two top fighters in their respective division, he's pretty much a lock.

Bradley had a stellar year.

Rigo had the best victory all year and should rack up another good win.

Adonis had two great stoppages.

Garcia had a decent win and a great win.

What do they all have in common? All fighters are only fighting twice a year now (well Stevenson did beat some bum, but let's ignore that for arguments sake). See, I could understand why Floyd does it, but these other dudes should be fighting 3-4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      Mayweather dominated two top fighters in their respective division, he's pretty much a lock.

Bradley had a stellar year.

Rigo had the best victory all year and should rack up another good win.

Adonis had two great stoppages.

Garcia had a decent win and a great win.

What do they all have in common? All fighters are only fighting twice a year now (well Stevenson did beat some bum, but let's ignore that for arguments sake). See, I could understand why Floyd does it, but these other dudes should be fighting 3-4 times.
                      The fact that you have to dress up Floyd's wins with "dominated two top fighters in their respective division" instead of simply stating the names of who he beat sums up everything about groupies. The Ghost win was trash. Canelo was solid. Floyd is not a lock just because he is popular.

Also, Adonis will be in his 4th fight later this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X