Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who deserves to be 2013 fighter of the year? why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigondeaux or Bradley. Both beat top 5 p4p fighters, and assuming Rigo beats Agbeko both have a solid second win to back up the big win.

I don't see how anyone could possibly deserve it over one of those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
      Garcia beat matthysse and zab. No one deserves it more. All y'all thought swift would be ko'd laying in a hospital bed. Upset baby. Mayweather don't deserve it.
      Beating up a fading Judah is no better than beating up Guerrero. The only argument you can make is Garcia-Matthysse was a better fight than Mayweather-Canelo. In terms of clear-cut performances and popularity, Floyd should win it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        Beating up a fading Judah is no better than beating up Guerrero. The only argument you can make is Garcia-Matthysse was a better fight than Mayweather-Canelo. In terms of clear-cut performances and popularity, Floyd should win it.
        You can argue Floyd deserves it over Danny...but he doesnt deserve it over Bradley or even Stevenson. Despite this post, popularity doesnt always factor in. Go look at who has won the award.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
          You can argue Floyd deserves it over Danny...but he doesnt deserve it over Bradley or even Stevenson. Despite this post, popularity doesnt always factor in. Go look at who has won the award.
          I think he deserves it over Bradley. Bradley shouldn't get sympathy points for getting his brain bashed in against Ruslan. Yeah, Guerrero wasn't a top ranked fighter and it was a cheap fight, but one can make a case that he was a more proven and higher ranked fighter than Ruslan prior to their fights against Floyd and Bradley. The Marquez fight was better than the Canelo fight, but in terms of winning and looking dominant at the same time, Floyd deserves it.

Comment

• Garcia because he beat a prime beast in his division. People gave him no chance, he cleaned up the division and now the haters are as quiet as a mouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
              rigos lone win over donaire desrves it imo he beat a better fighter than floyd,garcia combined /... and decisively

also bradley stepped up after a foty and faced the man who beat the man and took him down
              just cause he had a close won with ruslan doesnt mean does not deserve it look wat ruslan just did to alvarado ...and bradley went toe to toe bar maybe pacquiao no one is goin shot for shot with ruslan

bradley rigo adonis
              but thy will give it to floyd for his win over teh 22yr old hype job canoli
              Rigo is great and all but Nonito wasnt really all that good. Hyped up to nearly Canelo levels by the Pac stans. There was even a ****ing thread here about him being an ATG

I agree with the Canelo fiasco.

That said, I think I would have to give it to Danny Swift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                Rigo is great and all but Nonito wasnt really all that good. Hyped up to nearly Canelo levels by the Pac stans. There was even a ****ing thread here about him being an ATG

I agree with the Canelo fiasco.

That said, I think I would have to give it to Danny Swift.
                lmao....nonito has accomplished way more than canelo and his top ten p4p ranking was actually justified than canelos...all canelo did was beat trout...

Comment

• Without looking very bad in the Ruslan fight, I think Bradley would be the unanimous favorite to win it. The Ruslan fight is a negative factor even though he showed heart in that fight, but you don't win sympathy points for looking bad against a fighter that people barely knew and wasn't even in the top 20 P4P list at the time.

Comment

• Bredley loses points for the Ruslan fight. Garcia is my front runner, followed by Rigo, Stevenson, and Floyd. That's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                      lmao....nonito has accomplished way more than canelo and his top ten p4p ranking was actually justified than canelos...all canelo did was beat trout...
                      Nonito is

If he was really P4P material he wouldnt have looked so ****ty against Rigo bro. Straight up EXPOSED. Caught with his pants down boy

Beating Narvaez and Arce = P4P, GTFOH

Who wins FOTY this year? Oh let me guess, Mark Melligen? Drian Francisco?

Comment

Working...
                      X