Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rosado Warns Stevens, Questions Golovkin's Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn...hit so hard the other guy thinks your using a different pair of gloves

Comment

• We'll see if this ends here. Certainly by just looking at the speed and force of GGG's punches it's always seemed curious just how he generates as much power as he reputedly does. That's probably factoring into the minds of any people humoring this.

Comment

• Must've used the same gloves in the Ams too.

Comment

• Golovkin has been busting guys up and banging em out forever, Gabe needs to stick a sock in it because he's just coming off as sore loser and a lil *****.

Some guys can just crack hard, end off.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Must've used the same gloves in the Ams too.
            And in sparring.....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              And in sparring.....
              Gotta get used to the gloves some how

Comment

• I keep repeating this: people in the Western hemisphere don't know much about the ex-Soviet "old school of boxing"... But those people have to take a closer look at fighters such as Provodnikov, Golovkin, Kovalev, and (maybe) Lomachenko... Unlike the Klitschko brothers, they came to the U.S. in order to take over the front scene... Some of the guys named above may look "humble", but they're not... not at all...

Comment

• Really disappointed in Gabe for being salty

Comment

• Rosado is being ridiculous.

I remember his interview after the fight. He didn't give any impression like he was unhappy about the gloves or anything.
                    He earned much respect by not taking the fight at 158, but 160. Anyhow he's behaving stupid now.

Is there anyone that ever said anything but Golovkin having a huge punching power - either after the fight or sparring.

Remember that GG used to KO opponents with amateur gloves too - Bute being one of them...

Comment

• Originally posted by tostao View Post
                      i've seen gloves like that made by 'grant' : they are illegal , because they take weight off knuckle padding and put that extra weight at the lace area . Boxing commissions must look into that and ban those gloves .

Not true. Grant makes high quality gloves but they do not take weight off the knuckles as you claim. I can't speak for GGG's customs but i seriously doubt they are tampered with. Maybe you mean "Cleto Reyes" known as "Punchers Gloves" because of the less amount on padding around the knuckle area? Regardless Cleto's are legal and used by many fighters in the ring while the opponent uses Everlast or Grant and i don't ever hear any complaints. The ultra expensive Winning gloves are often called Pillows because of the extra padding and are preferred by many fighters for training only to protect the hands. You see FMM, Pac, Saul and many fighters use them in training and I have even seen both Saul and Floyd use Winning in a ring fight which is unusual because of the extra padding and still come out victorious. Bottom line...since the Maragrito fiasco gloves, pads,wrapping and lacing are monitored more than ever. Fight teams will go the locker room of the opposition before the fight with officials to insure that no funny stuff is taking place. Good policy. Last - In fairness I hardly think GGG would even contemplate cheating. Not his style.
                      Last edited by LAPete; 10-25-2013, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X