No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rosado Warns Stevens, Questions Golovkin's Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post

Not defending Rosado, but most of these clowns in the commission are appointed for who they know and not what they know.

The simple fact that there is no glove making regulation speaks volumes about how much they know. I could make a 10 oz. dense latex foam glove harder than Margarito's wraps and the commission would give it a pass, as long as they weighed 10 oz.
    LOL. You are probably correct about the Commisions appointments (at least if it's anything like the BBBofC), but nonetheless, they are the guys who do the checking. If Briscoe or Rosado really had an issue they shoulda pulled the fight and issued a formal complaint.

Anyways, Grant Phillips' take on the situation:

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Steve-102513.htm
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-26-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      LOL. You are probably correct about the Commisions appointments (at least if it's anything like the BBBofC), but nonetheless, they are the guys who do the checking. If Briscoe or Rosado really had an issue they shoulda pulled the fight and issued a formal complaint.

Anyways, Grant Phillips' take on the situation:

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Steve-102513.htm
      Agreed.

Most fighters aren't willing to cancel the fight and lose the payday, unless they were 100% sure something dirty was going on.

If Rosado's camp were still unsure and wanted the fight to go on, they should have made arrangements to have Rosado and Golovkins gloves thoroughly(taken apart) inspected after the fight.

I remember a situation where Bobby Czyz complained that his eyes were burning during the Holyfield fight and had commission inspect/test them after the bout.

Comment

• I just rewatched this fight and cracked up when Rosado goes over to Golovkin afterwards and is like "You are really strong man. You have A LOT of power!"

Seemed to be admiring dude, not so much accusing him of being a cheater.

He even said "I want to fight you again".

Those aren't the words or thoughts of someone who feels they just got cheated against by someone with loaded or altered gloves.

Comment

Working...
        X