Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Amir Khan Deserve 50/50 Purse Split Against Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol,,, how can this be a serious question,, how many ppv's has khan headlined, ZERO
    No way he deserves 50/50 vs floyd,

khan should be given a flat fee of 3 or 4 mil, and maybe 50/50 split of the british ppv money,,, thats about it

Comment

Man.
      90/10 Khan because he won a silver and Floyd won a bronze.
      Praise OP for his insight

Comment

Khan does not deserve the fight so I say Khan deserves only 5 percent.

Comment

What a waste of server space this thread is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouser View Post
            Well I'd say 30% to Khan is kind, he's still quite a big draw in the UK and will bring in quite a bit of revenue but he doesn't deserves the fight and I'm saying that as a Khan fan - Garcia, Bradley and even Pacquiao should be ahead of him.
            Khan needs to win a Welterweight title or a rematch against Garcia before he gains some respect again, his last performance was shocking, he was a better fighter when he was with Freddie Roach and had Alex Ariza as his strength and conditioning coach, he's only looked average since and his chin looks more suspect than ever now.
            Imo he became too much of a pattern fighter under Roach, he had speed but he kept repeating the same patterns and combinations so he was becoming predictable. I think Hunter is trying to make him more diverse and unpredictable which will take time to perfect. Whether Hunter is the right trainer, who knows for sure? Hunter is Khan's 4th trainer as a pro so the collaboration might not be career-long.

Comment

I think a fair split - let Khan keep the UK PPV £££'s and Floyd the US $$$'s.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                I think a fair split - let Khan keep the UK PPV £££'s and Floyd the US $$$'s.
                "What would I do that for? I have more fans in the UK than Khan does."

- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                Last edited by THE REED; 10-22-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  "What would I do that for? I have more fans in the UK than Khan does."

- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                  Mayweather is known in the UK for the most part among boxing fans only, whereas Khan is known by the much wider general public, he's a well-known celebrity. It really wouldn't be close if you did a nationwide poll over in the UK, 5% would know who Mayweather was whereas 90% would know Khan.

not surprising because he has been in the limelight and media ever since he was 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    lol,,, how can this be a serious question,, how many ppv's has khan headlined, ZERO
                    No way he deserves 50/50 vs floyd,

khan should be given a flat fee of 3 or 4 mil, and maybe 50/50 split of the british ppv money,,, thats about it
                    Percentage wise that wouldn't be an enormous amount but as a flat fee in it's own right I guess it would be Khan's biggest payday to date so it's not entirely unreasonable I'll admit..

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                      Mayweather is known in the UK for the most part among boxing fans only, whereas Khan is known by the much wider general public, he's a well-known celebrity. It really wouldn't be close if you did a nationwide poll over in the UK, 5% would know who Mayweather was whereas 90% would know Khan.

not surprising because he has been in the limelight and media ever since he was 17.
                      Did you just waste your time replying to that?

Comment

Working...
                      X