Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Rigondeaux is a boxer.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/boxing

I see nothing in the definition that says "A sport where you have to hang your chin out in the open and let your opponent hit you and take unnecessary risks."
    Yep these fake boxing fans pretending to enjoy the science but really just want to see some kind of tough man competition.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Rigondeaux is a boxer.

I see nothing in the definition that says "A sport where you have to hang your chin out in the open and let your opponent hit you and take unnecessary risks."
      Yes but it's the fans that pretty much say how it goes in the sport. You know it , Bob knows it , HBO , Showtime and every other network knows it.

If you have a fighter that's going to come out swinging and he destroys every opponent he will be more appealing to the viewers than the one who keeps it safe and is very slick and doesn't necessarily give us "fireworks".

I doubt Bob doesn't want Rigo to be successful. I think it's in his best interest. But we all know how the business goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        Especially his age.... sigh. What i mean is put him in more star studded, brawl infested cards. That way everyone wins, for example what GBP did with "The One". They made 2 great fights on paper, and then there was Molina vs Ishe Smith. Will fans ever buy a Molina ppv(not saying there would ever be one)? Not a chance, but he got his exposure and GBP got away with such a fight due to it's placement in such an elevated PPV Card. I'm sure Arum could do the same to Rigo, as he has placed him in Manny's past undercards. Make 2 fan friendly style fights and then throw a boxing lesson in there, best of both worlds.
        He's been on Pac PPV undercards 2x iirc. However his purse demands may require a main event now, where he gets paid as the featured fighter. That's tough, since HBO wouldn't have touched 122 without Donaire, who earned his p4p points over a long time on Showtime and Pinoy Power PPV

Comment

Sheep mentality is fuelling this rigondeaux discussion. It shouldn't even be discussed. It is a non issue in reality, I must admit I've only seen the donaire fight and the marroquin fight and both were very entertaining. Especially against nonito when the first bell sounded he immediately marched to the centre of the ring and within a minute had him stumbling across the from a huge left hand. Schooled him completely and busted up his eye, donaires only chance was to clock rigo with a dirty shot on the break.

Comment

Don't be dissapointed in Rigo from some s#!t that Arum says. The man lies like it's second nature. Wait till you actually see him in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
              I hold Rigo to very high standards he's a brilliant master boxer and can compete in an all time tournament and get the best of them. Yet the thing the makes him so great is also his downfall. The label of being "boring". Bob Arum is holding Rigo hostage and will keep him from fighting if he isn't more fan friendly. I expected Arum to do something like this but i'm disappointed that Rigo caved in to Bob's demands.

"I spoke with his people, and they assured me Rigo will fight more fan friendly"

how upset you are that Bob is threatening to jeopardize Rigo's future dates if he continues to fight "boring"? This is what's killing boxing
              You're definitely gay by choice and not by disease.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev-
                Rigondeaux is a boxer.

Quote:

box·ing 2 (bksng)
                n.
                The act, activity, or sport of fighting with the fists, especially according to rules requiring the use of boxing gloves and limiting legal blows to those striking above the waist and on the front or sides of the opponent.

I also don't see where it says hit and not get hit.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Beyond ******. Casual fans want good, so-called "boring" fighters to drop their hands and swing for the fences completely ignoring defense. I bet Donaire would have loved that, being able to crash home some of his big shots.

I'll admit Rigo's one-sided fight with Nonito wasn't exciting, but I also respect a boxers right to fight in the way they see fit. I may not be watching guys like that on You Tube and PPV very often, but I understand where they come from.

Comment

I love watching Rigo as he is, he makes everyone look like complete noobs and makes the promoter and the tv networks look like they have been robbing us by selling up frauds that Rigo takes apart quickly.

Only tards like Maniac who are flat out racist or complete MMA fan boys could not find this guys skills elite and a pleasure to watch

Comment

If Rigo pulls a Lara i will be so disappointed, and although i applauded Lara's balls for going toe to toe when he easily could have danced his way to a UD even in the 4 inch wide beach he was. I would dislike Rigo caving to pressure even worse, he is a perfect master piece as he is, everybody agrees but haters, and the ignorant in the ways of the sweet science.

Do not join the mediocrity inspire the mediocre to be great instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X