Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Stevens, Murray-Wood Winners Have To Meet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Murray gets a shot at Golovkin. He deserves another big fight after his performances in the Strum / Martinez fights.

Comment

Its clear to me that Murray wants Barker if he beats Sturm. No way in hell does Hatton lets him fight GGG. He's protecting his fighter ala what Hearn has done with Barker. Smart business. But lame.

Comment

I think this would be a very interesting fight, Murray is actually bigger than GGG so this might be the very first time Golovkin actually get's outweighed in a fight. Murray has a Clottey-type defense so he's difficult to hit clean, his greatest detriment however is that he doesn't let his hands go nor have a real champion mentality. I could see Murray keeping a high guard for the first half of the fight and then picking up the pace as Golovkin tires down the stretch. I see this fight as either a GGG UD were he wins the first 6 rounds and maybe loses 3 down the stretch as he begins to gas like he did against Ouma and was starting to against Rosado. I wouldn't be shocked if Murray were to be stopped from a body shot or a corner stoppage, but it would certainly speak highly of GGG if he could stop a strong, rugged, defensively sound middleweight like Murray.

Comment

I'd expect GGG and Murray to come through their fights, so them to facing off is a great fight but a great shame in a way as a fan of both.

Not sure who I'd back possibly GGG.

Comment

Nice underrating NSB. If GGG KO's Murray then he is legit.

50/50 fight this will be.

Comment

inb4 Golovkin beats Murray and haters say he still hasn't face anybody, as if Murray isn't a top 10 MW and arguably Lineal Champ, yet Martinez is top 5 P4P and should be fighting Floyd

Comment

This fight will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vision... View Post
                  Its clear to me that Murray wants Barker if he beats Sturm. No way in hell does Hatton lets him fight GGG. He's protecting his fighter ala what Hearn has done with Barker. Smart business. But lame.
                  Fights Strum in Germany, fights Martinez in Argentina.

That's some protection Hatton is doing. Fighting top 3 fighters in their home country. Yep, protecting his fighter. Smart business there.

Comment

Murray beats Stevens by decision if they meet. Dunno much about Gareth Wood but I assume he is weak going from his record so Stevens beats him by KO. Murray might stop Gareth Wood too.

Golovkin KOs all of them.

Comment

GGG/Murray wouldn't be a bad fight. Be interesting to see how GGG handled a big middleweight. Probably be a good gauge of how he'd fair at 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X