Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again this is not Khan's manager!

As far as I know he has no manager at the moment.

Comment

• Even beating Alexander would have made in him in no way worthy of a Mayweather fight, so from the fans perspective, this isn't a problem.

But Amir, his team and GBP made an epic, epic blunder here. He would have beaten Devon as impressively (though differently) as Porter did, it would be another fight removed from the Garcia knockout, he would have had a belt and more credibility.

But because they (whoever was pushing for the fight not to happen) tried to cut corners and serve up Khan to Mayweather, while having little confidence he would beat Devon friggin' Alexander.....this is just the boxing gods serving justice.

And if they're thinking about making Mayweather-Khan in September, they're gonna have even more problems now because picking the right opponent is going to tricky. Pick another Molina and Diaz doesn't give him any credibility (fi anything, it hurts it). Make him fight Thurman, Peterson, Broner, Guerrero is fraught with the very real possiblity he loses. The two guys on GBP's roster who he could beat were Devon (no belt, no credibility anymore) and Malignaggi (no belt, given to Broner).

Comment

• Couldn't have happened to a better fighter and fan base.

Comment

• I'll just sit back and enjoy the show as usual

Comment

• Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
            So Khan ridicules Bradley for not fighting him and instead pursuing a Pacquiao fight. Now he doesn't fight Alexander so he can get a fight with Mayweather but gets snubbed and I'm supposed to be sympathetic. No way.
            There is a big difference between between pursuing a fight with someone and being promised a fight. Who in their right mind wouldn't drop everything they had on their plate if they were promised a fight with Mayweather.

Both fighters have been known to bull**** the public. So who knows?

Comment

• Poor Khan. He said ''If not Floyd then whomever my next opponent's be is gonna get Hurt.''

Comment

• Both are crap fights, but Mayweather has been a complete douche throughout this process. I hope his next PPV bombs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  What you forget is Floyd controls GBP

He's basically a silent partner, they makesure Floyd is happy, he is their meal ticket

What Floyd says goes

Richard Schaefer is Floyds servant, like he always says "Floyd calls the shots"

Richard told Khan not to fight Devon as a fight with Floyd was secured, contract was sent out and he signed it.

Khan walked away from a million $,a title shot and a pillow fisted boxer, in thinking Floyd and Richard were true their word

The art of deception

Khan needs to go over to Top Rank, at least they wont hide their best away from him
                  This doesn't make any sense.

1. Khan and Alexander are both with GBP, so why would they negotiate the fight in the first place?
                  2. Why would Richard and Alexander's team continue to negotiate with Khan for them to fight after the news was being leaked that Khan had Floyd next if he won? Alexander himself has confirmed this, including agreeing to a contract weeks after Khan went silent on the matter. A contract he couldn't have negotiated without working with GBP. So again if Richard was telling Khan to not fight why would he continue to negotiate the fight with Alexander?
                  3. You do realize Alexander is advised by Al Haymon, the same man who puts together everything Floyd does. So I ask you, if Khan really had the Floyd signed, sealed, and delivered like you claim why would Haymon continue to negotiate for Alexander to fight him? I mean, if Khan lost that would really screw thing up wouldn't it?

All the stuff you said is bs spouted off from team Khan and all of raises big questions.

What most likely happened was Haymon wanted to put Floyd in with the winner of Khan-Alexander. However, GBP probably told Khan he was a finalist for the Floyd fight so they decided to not risk losing so they blew off Alexander. Alexander said himself in the build up to the Porter fight that a win would put him in the Mayweather picture. Long story short the fans hated the Khan fight, Alexander lost, and Maidana won all of which threw a wrench into the system. When the dust finally settled Khan was the odd man out, but he most likely made his own bed by not fighting Alexander.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I guess my hope that the khan floyd fight doesn't happen is wasted, especially once Devon nutted on Sat. As long as danny doesn't have a fight announced I can hope he gets it but with each passing day it looks more and more like Khan.

Very dissapointing.
                      Big Dunn is relieved its not KHan!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X