Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just because floyd throws you a bone doesnt mean he wants to know how it tastes

Comment

• Khan dissed Bradley for what he did, then he tried to steal a page from his book, too bad the result wasn't the same though. That karma is a real biatch

Comment

• Originally posted by jrv1932 View Post
        This is all hype. Floyd trying to hype the fight because he knows it's not a big PPV event. I also think he's playing with khans head a little. Khans getting the fight as much as I hate to see it
        Come on you really think this is going to get people to change their tune and start feeling bad for khan and upset with floyd cause of what they think he did?

You really think this will get the masses talking?

Oh wait

Comment

• Told by who?

And looks like Bradley was right about the no guarantee

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Khan dissed Bradley for what he did, then he tried to steal a page from his book, too bad the result wasn't the same though. That karma is a real biatch
            lol so true!!! only difference is bradley was actually a viable option for pacman, khan isn't one for mayweather or atleast shouldnt be

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexaAriza View Post
              Naw what happened was Mayweather had no one to fight no one at all, so it was going to be khan but then Maidana pulled off a huge upset and they saw how the Mexicans came out for Maidana and all of a sudden Maidana seems like a legit oppenent instead of the farce of a fight with khan. Floyd will be an idiot to fight khan at this point of time.
              Agreed, I don't think Maidana was an option too. Until the Broner fight and how people actually pushed for him to get the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                So Khan ridicules Bradley for not fighting him and instead pursuing a Pacquiao fight. Now he doesn't fight Alexander so he can get a fight with Mayweather but gets snubbed and I'm supposed to be sympathetic. No way.
                No he ridicule Bradley for accusing of "Running out there" got offered the fight then duck the fight that he asked for. It's irrelevant that he fought Casamayor and then Pac, baseline was he accused khan of ducking him.

Comment

• One of the reasons Khan signed with Golden Boy over Top Rank was that he was promised a Floyd fight down the road.
                  After his losses it was now or never for Golden Boy and it seemed after the Canelo fight that Floyd, Floyd Sr., and Ellerbe were on board to fight Khan with some of their comments.
                  Its seems the public backlash along with Maidana beating Broner and becoming a credible cherry pick changed that...

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    floyd said these thing in september...

'If you deserve a chance against me then I will give you it but not because you are running your mouth off.
                    'I know Amir has been running his mouth off saying he wants to fight me but he wont earn a shot that way.
                    'If he works hard and proves he is worthy of a shot - that's when he will get his wish.'
                    So now we are taking Floyd Mayweather Jr. at his word?
                    How about these gems from the past:
                    "I would never want to put a fighter in a position where he's not comfortable. I want a guy when he's at his best. If he's at his best at 154 and he's strong and he's solid, then that's the fight we're fighting at." Then fights Canelo at a catchweight.

Or how about " And yes Manny Pacquiao, your next."

Or how about this one from his boy Ellerbe before asking for a 2 pound catchweight for the Canelo fight: "He was a dead man walking when he went into the ring," Ellerbe said. "The casual fan doesn't know what difference one or two pounds can make when a fighter is already down to weight. Fighters know."

Point is, even Floyd admits he contradicts himself all the time. Floyd, Floyd Sr., and Ellerbe were all talking about how Khan was next after the Canelo fight so don't give us that he needs to earn it BS. Khan was the pick until they heard the public backlash and Maidana made himself an acceptable cherrypick after his win over Broner...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      Told by who?

And looks like Bradley was right about the no guarantee
                      I disagree with the second part.

Comment

Working...
                      X