Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
          Look at the way Andrea coWardina smiles @ 0:10 when he just glows at the concept of hand picking opponents. Little sissy boy.

Comment

• After extensive research, I've concluded that Khan will get dominated and then knocked out by Mayweather.

Comment

• TSS EXCLUSIVE: Amir Khan Talks About The Poll, and Why He'd Beat Floyd

BY Raymond Markarian ON February 16, 2014

You might have heard that Amir Khan and Marcos Maidana are the two fighters thought to be the two possibilities for Floyd Mayweather to fight in his next bout, which will unfold on May 3 in Las Vegas.

I had the opportunity to talk at length with Khan, who resides in England and also in the US, where he does much of his training. We talked about Mayweather’s fan poll, Khan’s credentials to fight Mayweather, the media, Khan’s Army and Khan’s Army of haters. We also touched on Khan’s fight with Marcos Maidana and his drawing power with people outside of boxing.

Over the course of the chat, it became clear to me that Khan idolized Floyd Mayweather. But today is a new day; Khan believes he has more boxing skills than Floyd Mayweather, and if he gets the chance to fight Floyd, it goes without saying, in my mind, that his idolatry of Money will go out the window. I sense that he would force more of a fight than recent foes have, and with his penchant for trading, would give fans who buy the PPV better **** for the buck than they got in the Robert Guerrero and Canelo Alvarez fights.

Read on as I pick the brain of the man that is ready to perhaps sign on for the biggest fight of his life.

Ray Markarian: What do you say to the people that say you don’t deserve the Floyd Mayweather fight?

Amir Khan: Well, styles make fights. People can say he has beaten guys with speed and power. He has done a great job against everyone. He has beaten guys with decent footwork. Well, we bring all of those ingredients to the table.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...hed-beat-floyd

Click the link to read the rest of the interview

Comment

• I never said khan or maidana was in the mayweather sweepstakes. I ain't ducking or dodging no fighters. Tell khan to rematch Garcia and maidana to rematch khan. I picked a young strong lion in malignaggi. The poll was false and I had nothing to do with it I got a guy who does my twitter and website for me I never made that poll. Malignaggi brings one punch ko power to the table he has speed and has earned the chance to fight me and get that lottery ticket. I won't answer questions about any other fighter... I overlook no fighter. I'm focused on malignaggi and come may 3rd your gunna see floyd mayweather do what he does best.

Comment

• AK: The rewards of money come with fighting Floyd Mayweather. I appreciate that. He is such a high-profile fighter. But it’s also about pride. I want to beat Floyd. I know where that fight could take me. A lot of people say that Floyd is invincible. I know for a fact that he will get hit numerous times against me. I’m too fast for him. Look, financially I’m set. I am blessed. I have made a lot of money in boxing and planting money in real estate. I am very fortunate that way. I have a great team around me. But this fight is also about pride for me. I think he knows that.

RM: Why do you think he knows?

AK: I think that’s why he is making me wait so long. It’s a mind game to him. He knows this is a challenging fight for him. I am not coming to get a paycheck. I am coming to beat him.RM: I hear you. When’s the last time you heard from anyone in the Floyd Mayweather camp or even Golden Boy? When’s the last time you got an email, or voice mail or text from someone on Floyd’s side about the fight?

Like Khan said its not about the money this guy had confidence in bucket loads

Comment

• LMAO@ No fighter can outbox me. Floyd won't do it either. I can't see Floyd outboxing me.

Pure comedy

Comment

• True love

Comment

Working...
                      X