Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am rewatching all of Marquez' losses....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
    I had Marquez beating Mayweather 119-109, i dont include the knockdown because Marquez is old.
    I also had Marquez beating Floyd because it was a catchweight which Floyd didnt even meet the end of his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      I also had Marquez beating Floyd because it was a catchweight which Floyd didnt even meet the end of his contract.
      I also had Marquez beating Floyd because i felt he had the better looking boxing outfit on.

Comment

Thank the lord most of you guys are not boxing judges.

I know boxing fans are in love with Mexican fighters, they normally give us exciting fights and never try to cruise control to a decision, but at the same time we have to be truthful.

Marquez lost the 3rd Pacquiao fight, and lost by a WIDE MARGIN to Bradley.
        We can't keep giving someone excuses just because of his race.

BTW, I liked Marquez's entrance better, so I had him 11 rounds to 1 over Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Thank the lord most of you guys are not boxing judges.

I know boxing fans are in love with Mexican fighters, they normally give us exciting fights and never try to cruise control to a decision, but at the same time we have to be truthful.

Marquez lost the 3rd Pacquiao fight, and lost by a WIDE MARGIN to Bradley.
          We can't keep giving someone excuses just because of his race.

BTW, I liked Marquez's entrance better, so I had him 11 rounds to 1 over Floyd.
          first of all, I am not mexican. 2ndly, I don't care what country a fighter comes from, 3rdly, Marquez doesn't even fight like a typical mexican.
          Last edited by Salardo; 10-16-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

hahaha I will never know how people scored it for Marquez against Bradley. He literally did nothing but try to land big punches, miss, and get hit

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
              I also had Marquez beating Floyd because i felt he had the better looking boxing outfit on.
              I changed my decision to Marquez beating Mayweather after he won the 4th Pacquiao fight because the KO punch reverberations went back in time and actually hurt Mayweather enough to knock him down several times in that fight, earning JMM the nod.
              Last edited by Boxing Goat; 10-16-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Biggest problem with the Chris John fight is that he was deducted two points for two perfectly legal body shots. The fight itself was relatively close but one that Marquez should have won by at least two points.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                  first of all, I am not mexican. 2ndly, I don't care what country a fighter comes from, 3rdly, Marquez doesn't even fight like a typical mexican.
                  First of all, you have to be a CJ Ross to even score the fight for Marquez, all he did was WIND big punches, missing, footwork off and eat jabs all night.
                  It was like GOLDEN CORRAL of Jabs, all the jabs you can eat.

Second of all, Marquez still has a fairly crowd pleasing style, yes he will counter punch you, but if he feels good and see's you are hurt he will go in for the finish. Most counter punchers are good just getting the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    I changed my decision to Marquez beating Mayweather after he won the 4th Pacquiao fight because the KO punch reverberations went back in time and actually hurt mayweather enough to knock him down several times in that fight, earning JMM the nod.
                    Literally sounds like stuff Marquez and some of his fans would say

Comment

Marquez was robbed in the first 3 Pac fights and the John fight. Bradley was close but had Bradley winning by 2 points.

Comment

Working...
                      X