No announcement yet.

Call me crazy but I'm still not sold on Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
    Mayweather having a field day with him does not mean he isn't legit. He's legit, people are just making up excuses. He beat the one guy everyone thought was going to knock him out cold, he did what Alexander and Judah couldn't and hurt Lucas.

Honestly I would love him to fight Bradley or even Pacquiao. I think he brutalizes Rios.
    Right. I see right through what the TS is trying to do. This has everything to do with Floyd Mayweather. So if/when they fight...this is already built it. Garcia is the top dog at 140 and JUST beat the man that the majority of posters on here said would knock him out, early at that.

Comment

Danny's still young with much to prove. His key strength is his strong punching ability. It remains to be seen how he handles a great boxer as opposed to a brawler.

He does have a tough chin as well, but if he doesn't tweak his defense some, it's bound to betray him later.

Comment

Calling you crazy

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          Danny's still young with much to prove. His key strength is his strong punching ability. It remains to be seen how he handles a great boxer as opposed to a brawler.

He does have a tough chin as well, but if he doesn't tweak his defense some, it's bound to betray him later.
          That's just what I was thinking. We haven't seen him against a real prime boxer yet. He did well against a prime brawler in Matthysse but it would be interesting to see him against a more technical fighter. Garcia is top 10 p4p though and everyone should be sold on him

Comment

Then there is no convincing you, straight up.

Comment

Deevel who scored Donaire-Rigo a draw isn't sold on Danny Garcia. Stop the presses, alert the media.

Comment

I had to eat crow with the Lucas fight, so I'm not gonna sit here and say I'm not sold.

Comment

Wtf does Danny have to do? He's clearly top of his division.. okay so he hasn't shown to be P4P #1 ATG HOF skills, but if you're only interested in joining fan bases in hopes they can beat Floyd or become P4P #1 then go join the King Kon club.

Danny provides eventful matches because he boxes, but he's tough AND he can be hit.. he's an exciting fighter if you don't hate his guts or dad.

Comment

It is hard to be sold on any fighter.
                    When you think about it, almost any style of fighter has some sort of style weakness.

Even Mayweather as an example, chooses fighters who suit his style. Any tall quick fighter with a good jab and has a good overhand right hand could exploit Floyd's defense and make things very hard for him.

Imagine Floyd vs Tommy Hearns as an example. That shoulder will not block much, Tommy would be able to punch right over it. Floyd has one of the best overall games I have ever seen, but even it has physical limitations. I could picture Tommy beating Floyd 5 out of 5 times, but Floyd would be able to handle styles that Hearns himself had trouble with.

Comment

Garcia is good, he convinced me with the Khan KO, I don't think that was a lucky punch, he used the previous rounds to get the timing and then BOOOM.

Then he consolidated himself with the Lucas fight.

Dude's legit

Comment

Working...
                      X