No announcement yet.

Call me crazy but I'm still not sold on Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warrios View Post
    Here's what we can say: we've seen Bradley near brutalized. We've seen Pacquiao near dead. We've never seen Rios brutalized and we've never seen Garcia brutalize anybody other than Khan, maybe - the term "brutalized" can be argued there. He would not brutalize Rios. It would be a good fight however where he would ultimately succumb to too much pressure and get stopped late.
    Rios would lose some brain cells if he fought Garcia. He has no defense and would eat leather all freaking night. Garcia would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
      Rios would lose some brain cells if he fought Garcia. He has no defense and would eat leather all freaking night. Garcia would win.
      Do you honestly think Rios has to worry about losing anymore brain cells?

He's the type of dude that would smash beer bottles over his head at a party.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Deevel who scored Donaire-Rigo a draw isn't sold on Danny Garcia. Stop the presses, alert the media.
        There u go lying again. From day 1 I said that Rigo put a beating on donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrios View Post
          Here's what we can say: we've seen Bradley near brutalized. We've seen Pacquiao near dead. We've never seen Rios brutalized and we've never seen Garcia brutalize anybody other than Khan, maybe - the term "brutalized" can be argued there. He would not brutalize Rios. It would be a good fight however where he would ultimately succumb to too much pressure and get stopped late.
          Ummmm Matthysse's face was pretty brutalized. Imagine what he would do to Rios who has less power and just plods around

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            Do you honestly think Rios has to worry about losing anymore brain cells?

What does smashing beer bottles over his head have to do with getting punched in the face over and over again? Rios would lose. Garcia has fought way better and beat better fighters than Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by bungalows View Post
              do you honestly think rios has to worry about losing anymore brain cells?

qft..............

Comment

Danny did beat Matthysse and prove me wrong so gotta give the guy credit when its due.

Comment

Nothing new here. Your not the only one. It's cool, keep thinking my son Seift ain't **** and he's gonna keep on winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                    Danny would whip Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      I like Danny and respect what he's been able to do in the ring, but I'm still not sold on him. Truthfully I don't know how he keeps winning. He has a leaky defense. No footwork despite his nickname of "swift". So-so speed. And he stands right there in front of you to be hit. He's a counter puncher who has had success by swinging with his opponent. He's willing to take one in order to give one and so far he's been able to give it better than his opponents. What I will give him credit for is a strong chin, heart, and the fact that he stays focused throughout the fight. He's not easily discouraged.

He almost reminds me of Tito Trinidad where if you're able to avoid his hook and box him, then you can easily beat him. A boxer like Floyd would have a field day with him. His win over Lucas was a great win as Danny proved almost everyone wrong including myself.
                      i disagree with a lot of that. his defense isnt great, but it not bad either. he does get hit but has good eyes and sees most of it coming which is part of the reason he takes it so well.

he has good footwork, doesnt move very fast or very much but he moves well. has a good understanding of distance and angles for a fighter his age and is never off balance. thats really whats most important about footwork, ppl get excited about guys with quick feet jumping all over the place but educated footwork beats that every time. garcia-khan is perfect example of that, garcia would never lose track of his distancing like that, nor would he let someone get away with it against him.

he does stand in front of guys a lot but thats because he prefers to catch and shoot as opposed to using foot movement, he can use his feet when he need to. you could see him use his feet very well against matthysse anytime he was close to being cornered.

the guy he really reminds me of is his mentor, hopkins. great chins, mentally strong, fundamentally sound and always in great shape. but its not so much what they do well as what they do poorly, nothing. both are very smart and well rounded fighters who find the flaws in their opponents and takes advantage. thats how they keep finding ways to win and why neither could beat floyd, he is even more flawless but still excels more in some areas.

Comment

Working...
                      X