Has Danny Garcia reached his peak yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins didn't teach Garcia anything.

Comment

Garcia a bum who has to punch nutsacks just to fucking compete.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
        Guerrero is overrated. He is basically living off his Berto win.

Garcia beats Guerrero but as for Garcia vs. Thurman, I'm not too sure. I need to see more of Thurman to make a prediction on that.
        If Lucas doesn't have a shut eye, and Danny doesn't land hip shots and low blows, we're talking about Lucas going up against Ghost. Let me just get that out the way.

Guerrero is the higher skilled fighter out of the 2. He's a technical southpaw that can use 2-3 different type of jabs. Excellent punch setter. Knows how, when, and where to place a shot. Did you see Danny's ass in the first few rounds against Lucas?

Swing and a miss with his telegraphed and predictable left hook counter. Dude wasn't doing **** with the right hand til Lucas' eye was shut. Robert has 2 hands. Danny has 1 against a southpaw. The goofy ass looping right hand.

This isn't even coming from a place of hate. Robert does that boy dirty.
        Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 10-07-2013, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          I believed in him right before the Amir fight and also said he would beat Lucas in a FOTY style match.

Garcia was too good and Lucas wasn't as good as I thought. It wasn't competitive enough to be a FOTY
          Did we watch the same fight? That fight was decided by one round (11th).

Anyway. As a fan I would hope not. Though I dontsee him getting better in any area he seems complete to me it's just a matter of proper match making and a good strategy from here on. He's not going to become a disproportionately better puncher or get faster at a higher weight. He's been doing this for years and he's winning off game plans because we have seem him outskilled. If he can stay composed and listen to Angel he has a shot against most. This guy follows the gameplan and that itself is dangerous for his opponents. Never underestimate an obedient fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            If Lucas doesn't have a shut eye, and Danny doesn't land hip shots and low blows, we're talking about Lucas going up against Ghost. Let me just get that out the way.

I have to give it to you son, you are truly a fan.
            Keep dreaming, Danny keeps whooping ok.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
              Hopkins didn't teach Garcia anything.
              Not that it means anything, but I saw some jabs thrown by Garcia last fight that strangely reminded me of how Hopkins would step to his left and posture/throw the exact same way.. whether or not Hopkins taught him things or Garcia just looks up to Hopkins is up for debate, just something small that clicked with me while I was watching.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                Not that it means anything, but I saw some jabs thrown by Garcia last fight that strangely reminded me of how Hopkins would step to his left and posture/throw the exact same way.. whether or not Hopkins taught him things or Garcia just looks up to Hopkins is up for debate, just something small that clicked with me while I was watching.
                EXACTLY!!!...my dad was saying something similar to that on fight night!!!

Comment

i doubt it....

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    He should stay at 140 to be honest. I think Thurman and Guerrero would have their way with him.

Thurman, because he's huge at WW and can dance on him and punish him.

Guerrero, because Danny still doesn't have an inside game. If he wants to hold on like he did against Lucas, he's roughed up dirty on the inside.
                    He still has room to grow, but hopefully he forms some semblance of an in fighting game.
                    Danny just aint showed you that yet. He can fight on the inside, the outside, every single range.

Comment

I've never been a fan since the beginning - but I've grown to Garcia and appreciate his skills. He is one of the most humble and down to earth boxers out there, especially whilst in the midst of his idiotic racist father - calling Pakistanis' "Pakistinians"?! I love drama in boxing, but there's a plain line between acceptable/unacceptable.

Props to Danny for respecting and not letting such a level of stupidity from affecting his boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X