Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here still thinks Joe Louis beats Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here still thinks Joe Louis beats Wlad?

I've been reading for years on message boards, members claiming Louis would defeat Wlad, despite the fact he was a twink compared to Wladdy....

Their thoughts have been clouded by the fact Louis has that record of title defenses. They fail to realize times have changed, weight training, science etc. Not saying Louis wasn't great but the sheer size and skill of Wlad would be too much to overcome.
    Last edited by SweetScience; 10-06-2013, 03:37 PM.

Joe Louis was 6'2", 215 lbs., too small to escape the hug of death.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Yup. Still think so.
      El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Yup. Still think so.
        You're convinced from books you've read?

That easy huh?

Comment

way too small.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
            You're convinced from books you've read?

That easy huh?
            Louis isn't Greb. There is actual film of almost every title fight fight he had, including against some much bigger men. A bunch of pre-title fights too. You should watch some.
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Too much of a size difference. Its like comparing 185 lb Marciano to a 220 lb Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                Louis isn't Greb. There is actual film of almost every title fight fight he had, including against some much bigger men. A bunch of pre-title fights too. You should watch some.
                I've seen him in action

He was too small and that stance of his would have him seeing the canvas soon

I'm not convinced, don't see it

I tend to lean towards fighters of the past as well

Louis would lose

Sorry

Comment

I've been reading for years on message boards, members claiming Louis would defeat Wlad, despite the fact he was a twink compared to Wladdy....

Their thoughts have been clouded by the fact Louis has that record of title defenses. They fail to realize times have changed, weight training, science etc. Not saying Louis wasn't great but the sheer size and skill of Wlad would be too much to overcome.
                  Weight training doesn't make you a better boxer, doesn't make you punch harder, doesn't make you punch faster. Strength training is good for wrestling like what we saw yesterday, a fight where Wlad should've been disqualified.

The only thing boxers have benefitted from is better knowledge of nutrition and medicine, they still use many of the same training techniques they used to.

Have you learned nothing from watching boxing? Bradley should be a monster hitter due to his build, cruisers shouldn't be saying Golovkin hits like a HW, a toothpick like Pavlik shouldn't have been able to KO muscle bound guys like he did etc.

A guy built like Sanders beat Wlad, that dudes has like the most average body type ever, you wouldn't know he was even an athlete unless he told you.

Comment

I've seen him in action

He was too small and that stance of his would have him seeing the canvas soon

I'm not convinced, don't see it

I tend to lean towards fighters of the past as well

Louis would lose

Sorry
                    That's cool. I'm convinced. We can just disagree.

Comment

Working...
                    X