No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Curtis Stevens Predictions & Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    My worry is because I just had such a humbling experience with Matthysse. Obviously Curtis Stevens is no Danny Garcia and Golovkin is smarter and more skilled than Lucas, but a big "what if?" is in the back of my mind.

I feel good that GGG is going to slaughter Stevens in a couple rounds, but it's hard for me to be supremely confident at the moment.
    I though Matthysse would knock out Garcia also but the reason he didn't was that Garcia's skills and chin were a lot better than I and others gave him credit for plus it was a very close fight. Stevens on the other hand isn't even really a top 10 middleweight contender for me, or if he is then only just. A guy with Stevens power can potentially knock anyone out but the chances of it happening are very low. I am more confident Golovkin knocks Stevens out early than I even was with Macklin because Macklin is better than Stevens and the Macklin fight gave good insight on how good Golovkin is. Stevens has miniscule boxing ability, he is just a one dimensional slugger. He's the kind of guy who can look spectacular against very mediocre opposition because he smashes them to oblivion but against guys with the higher skill set and he shows how limited he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      How you going to go from this:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=601972

to hating on the win so much?
      busted, Dan where did you go?

Comment

• Gennady "GGG" Golovkin via brutal KO in less than 6 rounds.

Comment

• It says Macklin was his best opponent (that still remains) and says how unproven GGG is (that still remains) and me asking questions. Nothing has changed so I am not sure why its been brought up like I have supposedly contradicted myself or somewhere said Macklin had a chance?

The only thing wrong was ''I hope you understand Matthew Macklin is not a guy will get hit & get on his bike in full survival mode.'' Yeah I was wrong he went in full survival mode before he even got hit.

Macklin is his only somewhat respectable win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
            I'm surprised anyone is so worried about Stevens causing an upset. He has a fast powerful left hook but what else? He landed beautifully on Ayala and Roman with it by punching in between their punches, do people think that will happen successfully against Golovkin? This is a classic case of being scared by a fighter's power but Stevens won't land the big shot and will probably get beat down very quick before he gets much opportuinity to even throw the big shots.
            Anybody can get lucky tho, and one can never write a power puncher like Stevens off completely.

I actually think a fighter with power like Stevens has the best chance in the division because it's difficult to see Golovkin being outboxed by anyone (except maybe Martinez).

Originally posted by Humean View Post
            I though Matthysse would knock out Garcia also but the reason he didn't was that Garcia's skills and chin were a lot better than I and others gave him credit for plus it was a very close fight.
            I had it 50/50 going in, I felt Garcia boxed very well against Judah.

However, re-watching the bout I think personally that Matthysse would have TKO'd him late were it not for the eye swelling. He had the clear upper hand in the bout until that point and still managed to hurt Garcia late despite the eye. Nevertheless, Garcia's chin was a lot better than most people believed.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Yeah I was wrong he went in full survival mode before he even got hit.
            Macklin actually started that fight out on the front foot landing the early punches. He got backed up by the power but round 3 he went right at Golovkin landing a couple of good shots before getting KO'd.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 10-31-2013, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• Curtis is a solid puncher, but he doesn't have a big enough punch to starch Golovkin in one shot. Curtis has to land a lot of shots to put GGG down, and that is just not going to happen.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-U9ab3l6qs

Watch a good video on yesterday GGG's arrival to NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER HANDS View Post
                  Curtis is a solid puncher, but he doesn't have a big enough punch to starch Golovkin in one shot. Curtis has to land a lot of shots to put GGG down, and that is just not going to happen.
                  And that's what it boils down to...

Comment

• Golovkin most likely wins, but Stevens certainly has a puncher's chance. This is a genuinely interesting match-up, I won't be surprised if it produces a FOTY classic.
                    Last edited by Dat; 10-31-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 53 min

Purses for Saturday's card at MSG Theater: GGG $400k, Stevens $290k, Adusalamov $40k, Perez $30k, Afolabi $20k, Janik $20k. #boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X